VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 8, 2017, 08:07 AM

I just nabbed a copy of this and I'm a bit confused. The release date in the data base does not match what is on the OBI and back; it matches the previous pressing under the previous Cat. No. I have little doubt that this version was released at a later date given the difference in cover, but can anyone clear this up?
Old May 8, 2017, 08:28 AM

it has already been discussed, maybe in ff i,ii "osv" thread or stuff from that period
Old May 8, 2017, 03:24 PM
VGMdb Administrator

When Pryaid reprinted the Square albums, they changed the publisher info but left the original release dates on the covers. They're not the only company who's done that, it's confusing when it happens.

Here's one thread about it happening, not Pryaid specifically but I brought them up as an example: https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12675. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more around specifically about Pryaid.
Old May 9, 2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
When Pryaid reprinted the Square albums, they changed the publisher info but left the original release dates on the covers. They're not the only company who's done that, it's confusing when it happens.

Here's one thread about it happening, not Pryaid specifically but I brought them up as an example: https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12675. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more around specifically about Pryaid.
Thanks for the info. I have my collection listed on another site as well (with all my non-VGM CDs) and when I added it to that data base I didn't want to put a date down without knowing the whole story.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 08:57 AM

This may be a stupid question, but what track is Ludwig van Beethoven credited to as writing? Is it "Living Forest" or "Swift Twist"? Those two tracks sound very familiar to me in a "I've heard these used outside the scope of the game" kind of way but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:52 PM
Trusted Editor

It's "Let's Play the Piano!", which plays (kinda) the opening of Fur Elise. I believe the two tracks you mentioned are original Uematsu compositions.

Last edited by dissident93; Oct 20, 2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 07:20 PM

Thanks. I re-ripped my entire collection and I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to my tags, so I was curious.

And yeah, I was over at my friends on lunch and he said this was the track as well. I had a small hunch it might have been this as well given FFV, but I honestly though the other two were more likely.