Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:34 PM

Some other anime shows with music which I liked in first episodes:
White Album 2
Strike The Blood
Freezing Vibration
Ace of Diamond
Old Oct 7, 2013, 05:46 AM
VGMdb Staff

(A bit late but) I just finished watching Kin-iro Mosaic and that musical in the final episode was unexpected. It was a lengthy seven minute piece with orchestra. I hope Ruka Kawada gets more chances do music like this in the future. Her music for the series was pretty nice too.

It will be a bonus track on the soundtrack album but it looks like there won't be an instrumental version.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:30 AM
VGMdb Staff

I really liked Kohei Tanaka's orchestral music for Gaist Crusher. It's nice to see he actually got a budget for it. He composed the OP too!

Shiro Hamaguchi wrote some orchestral music for Galilei Donna too. There was definitely some good stuff, the main theme definitely stood out. Will need to hear more though.

Speaking of main themes, I quite liked Hikaru Nanase's choral main theme for Kyokai no Kanata. The rest of the score was alright but nothing amazing.

Tokyo Ravens had some good piano/strings music in episode 1 with a hint of greater things to come. Surprised this is by Maiko Iuchi. I'm convinced someone else is arranging her compositions because it doesn't really sound like her style based on what I've heard. Especially considering the was an orchestral track at the end of the episode and she isn't an orchestrator as far as I know.

EDIT: Keiji Inai's IMAGINE profile has been updated and now lists arrangement for Tokyo Ravens. Hayato Matsuo and Yasunori Iwasaki might still be involved even though their pages don't mention it (the Index movie, for example, isn't listed despite their involvement).

By the way, I checked out Nagi no Asukara today and noticed there were five additional people credited for music in the end credits. Yoshiaki Dewa is the main composer but Zentaro Watanabe, Saigenji, DEPAPEPE (Tokuoka Yoshinari & Miura Takuya) and Shunsuke Kawata are also contributing. Interesting is that these guys are all acoustic artists. DEPAPEPE is actually a pretty well known acoustic guitar duo.

Oh and also, it hasn't been announced, but I have learned that MOKA☆ will be doing the music for the horror anime Pupa which airs some time this season. That should complete the fall 2013 list unless I'm forgetting something.

Last edited by cal; Oct 15, 2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 08:42 AM

Arpeggio of Blue Steel -Ars Nova-
Certainly in my top 5 music scores this season.
The combination of choir and live string orchestra with brass samples is amazing.
Youtube link (album page) first track.
I am curious if Masato Kouda also orchestreated this score.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 06:45 PM

So far I think Kyousougiga has the best soundtrack of the season. I love Go Shiina's Legendia soundtrack, and the Kyousougiga music isn't half bad, either. (Sample)

Non Non Biyori's music is very relaxing (Mizutani's Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi score was pretty good already). Gingitsune has some nice and calm tracks as well.

Log Horizon might turn out to be pretty good. I like Takanashi a lot, but some of his soundtracks (mostly those for bad anime) are pretty forgettable. I loved his Shiki soundtrack, though.

I've just finished my Little Busters! ~Refrain~ marathon and it definitely has the best music of this season for me, though the majority of the music is from the soundtrack of the visual novel. The new pieces are pretty good, though. Looking forward to the soundtrack, maybe it's better than Kyousougiga even.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 08:31 PM

I whole heartily agree that Kyousugiga had the best soundtrack this season for me. This is the first time i've heard of Go Shiina's work and it certainly impressed me. Even if he isn't using a real orchestra it's really hard to tell with the way it's presented. Such a great use of chorus, strings and flute give off such a great emotional and touching atmosphere to the show. I find myself listening to track 5 "Invisible Bonds" over and over again.

I hope he continues to do more anime related stuff .
Old Dec 31, 2013, 09:07 AM

Oh, he will, hehe.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=9464

He will also do Tales of Zerstiria together with Motoi Sakuraba which is great because Sakuraba's recent Tales soundtracks seriously weren't good.

And yep, you're right, "Invisible Bonds" is a really touching track.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 05:27 PM

Nisekoi has some awesome and catchy flute tunes, I definitely love those!
And the main theme of Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha sound beautiful (flutes again). I'm really looking forward to those OSTs!