VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:44 AM

Default Any soundtracks that you regretted not buying when available?

It happens to me sometimes. The worse thing besides they are no longer available in any online shop is that they become super expensive on eBay.

A good example would be Kirby and the Amazing Mirror soundtrack. I remember it was available on eBay for $30 when it first came out from Club Nintendo. Now it's over $200. Insanity!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 09:17 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

For me it's Granado Espada Original Sound Track Volume 1. Someone here was selling it for a nice price but I couldn't buy it at the time, but now... Oh well.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 03:07 PM

I second the Amazing Mirror one and $200 is pretty generous considering I see it go for $300 used on Yahoo! Auctions Japan.

As for other soundtracks, both Sonic Adventures and Shadow the Hedgehog would top my list. The box set for the Gargoyle's Quest soundtracks is one that I have only recently become aware of and regret not even having the chance to buy it.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 01:34 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

<Sigh> Several soundtracks from DigiCube, especially the Sonic albums. :| If I had liked video game music then as much as I like it now, I would have totally bought those! Oh well, such is the life of a KeyLogic.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:48 AM

Konami Amusement Sounds '93 Summer - GAIAPOLIS. All I have is an aging tape. God early 90's Konami rocked.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:26 AM

Nearly all of the Sonic soundtracks from Sonic Adventure to Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. I kick myself in the ass a lot for not buying them when they were available and moderately cheap.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 06:53 AM
VGMdb Advisor

When I was a kid and got a flyer inside my copy of FFIII (SNES) that listed Squaresoft's full catalog, including:

- FFIII Kefka's Domain
- Secret of Mana Soundtrack
- Secret of Evermore Soundtrack

I should've bought all three of those in the moment and kept them new/sealed to this day. The last of those three, being unique to the US, is quite the prize now, is it not?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 08:47 PM

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.

It was on sale on Amazon for $6.99 back in 2004. I didn't notice it was an ultra rare "Promo Only" CD and decided to "get it at another time".

It was gone a couple of days later and I haven't seen it since...anywhere.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:09 AM

Gyakuten Saiban Jazz Album ~Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul~

It met its end too soon.

Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:25 AM

Streets of Rage 2. Such a sad thing that I was never able to get the actual CD