VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 27, 2013, 09:59 PM

Isn't this a remake of Brandish?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:19 PM

I am not sure what's VGMdb's policy on this but... I don't really consider this and this the same thing
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:07 PM
Trusted Editor

Yeah, it's a remake, like Oath of Felghana is a remake of Ys III.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppel9014 View Post
I am not sure what's VGMdb's policy on this but... I don't really consider this and this the same thing
We consider FFIII DS as a remake of FFIII NES, but the difference here is bigger than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
Yeah, it's a remake, like Oath of Felghana is a remake of Ys III.
I remember there were some opinions on Felghana being worth a separate entry though.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:07 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I remember there were some opinions on Felghana being worth a separate entry though.
I wouldn't think it worth of a separate entry, when it's just 3D'd remake. Especially when there isn't much new content compared to old one, what I know of the original version.

But then, in cases of Wild Arms and Wild Arms: Alter Code F, I would consider Alter Code F to be a separate entry, that seems to add new chars and stuff. But it's a fine line between remake entry and separate entry I guess.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
I wouldn't think it worth of a separate entry, when it's just 3D'd remake. Especially when there isn't much new content compared to old one, what I know of the original version.
Okay. Perhaps you could also provide your insight on Celceta as well. I was tried to solicit opinions, but it was buried in a drama. ;p

For what it's worth, I really don't mind more entries getting own entries, but want to know what's our current consensus.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 01:49 AM

I've never played this game once. Seems like it is just a 3D remake without too much remodelling. Perhaps it does not worth an entry.

Unfortunately, I never played FF and Wild Arms, so I am not sure what is that significant difference you are looking for. Would be good of you to justify that.

In case of Felghana, I would say it worth an entry. We are talking about a total change in game mechanics, reconstruction of maps and adjustment based on Ys VI to original Ys III, not just simply a 3D remake. But again, I still don't understand the standard.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 07:26 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
For what it's worth, I really don't mind more entries getting own entries, but want to know what's our current consensus.
I wonder if it would be possible to make sub-entries, i.e on Ys III entry, you would see Felghana also, but on Felghana's entry you would see note of it being remake of Ys III. Or something like that.

Which apparently it currently is.

Also, I don't much has to say about the Ys IV / Celceta case, haven't yet played neither one of the titles. But if I would have to say something, I think the opinion/wondering I type earlier should fit it also, and perhaps same with every remake/demake/enchanced port of portness

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppel9014 View Post
In case of Felghana, I would say it worth an entry. We are talking about a total change in game mechanics, reconstruction of maps and adjustment based on Ys VI to original Ys III, not just simply a 3D remake. But again, I still don't understand the standard.
Well, in my eyes, changing game mechanics and reconstrucing maps is pretty give on 3D remakes. And the mechanics didn't chance so much in the end, just made the jump from 2D to 3D.