VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 2, 2008, 04:42 AM

Default Please delete all releases by me from this site

Hey, I'd appreciate it if you could delete all records of Spamtron and my full name from this site. I'm very unhappy with all of the music listed here, under my name.

Thanks.
Old May 2, 2008, 05:30 AM
VGMdb Administrator

hi, Spamtron

Could we meet some time to discuss this further? I should be on AIM this weekend.

We're a site that objectively catalogs information about music releases, and i don't think it'd be right to set a precedent that a composer could opt out of the listings. In fact, if Nobuo Uematsu came to my house himself and asked me to remove his Works and Artist Page, I'd have to politely decline. Moreover, completely excising someone would impact other collaborative works.

So I guess you can see where my initial stance is on this, but perhaps we could come up with some ideas.
Old May 3, 2008, 06:55 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I'm not sure if that means he's unhappy with the albums being listed here, or that he's no longer proud of the works themselves. Most likely the latter, but yeah, I also couldn't advocate deleting or Alan Smithee-ing an artist's credits under any circumstances. The only thing I could see if limiting the display of personal information, but anything public and out there is fair game, AFAIK.

Wouldn't be the first time an artist ends up not liking their past material, but if you feel you're on the path to making what you feel is better stuff, Spam, I'd encourage you to also be proud of where you came from. :-)