VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:54 PM
VGMdb Staff

Various sites claim Uematsu did music for this game but I haven't seen any solid proof thus far. He's not mentioned in the end credits. This excerpt from a round-table discussion between Satoru Iwata and Hironobu Sakaguchi was about the best I could find regarding Square's involvement with the game. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/inter...ol1/index.html

岩田

坂口さんは『ファイナルファンタジー』の開発を終えて、
『トキメキハイスクール』に合流されたんですか?

坂口

ええ。チームの何名かが合流して、3カ月間くらいでしょうか。
で、最後は10名くらいのメンバーといっしょに京都にやって来て、
2週間くらいカンヅメになって、なんとか開発を終えることができたんです。

Iwata

-Sakaguchi-san, did you join "Tokimeki High School" after finishing the development of "Final Fantasy"?

Sakaguchi

-Yes, I did. Some of the team members joined the project, and we worked on it for about three months. Then, at the end, we came to Kyoto with about 10 other members. We were buried under the covers for about two weeks and somehow managed to finish the development.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 09:42 PM

"HIROKAZU TANAKA" is credited as "STAFF" in the initial credits roll. Afterwards, if you select "SERVICE DATA" from the main menu twice, you will see five more credits, of which one is "MUSIC" credited to "T. IMAI" —> https://youtu.be/VDz32nYZkMI?t=9837

I don't know where the Uematsu credit comes from. I tried searching myself just now, but couldn't find anything concrete.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 02:52 AM
VGMdb Staff

Looks like that hidden staff roll has some of the Square members, like Takashi Tokita, who supposedly joined late in the development. I don't know who T. Imai is, but according to mobygames Toshiaki Imai did sound programming for Rad Racer in the same year as this game, but that's another unverified credit. I'm still leaning towards Hirokazu Tanaka being the main composer here.