VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 19, 2011, 02:41 PM
VGMdb Advisor

strange that no one has ever had a reason to comment on this awesome album.

Or the fact that KOKIA is on it. So oldschool.

ANYWAY, the previous "back" image was super low-res, and no tray image existed. So I fix that.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 09:13 AM

So which track exactly is 'Currents' an arrangement of?

Also on here it's "Captured Town" whereas in the OST it's "Imprisoned Town".

The weird thing is that the OST shows "Orizzonte" IN ENGLISH, where the title of this album is "Orrizonte'.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:13 AM

I can't find Orizzonte anywhere on this album. I see now, you said the OST. Yeah, there was another odd inconsistency between Suikoden CDs... I think with that Antes Lance Mao track. The first word, Avertuniero or whatever, was spelled differently on various CDs.

But as for the Imprisoned / Captured Town scenario... it's Captured Town both here and on the OST, however it's Imprisoned Town in the notes here. Actually, it seems the notes were not updated to reflect any track name changes, as that's not the only inconsistency.

Last edited by SimonJXZ; Mar 8, 2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 02:00 PM

In our interview with Miki Higashino, she mentions that the arrange album title was a typo.

Orizzonte is the Italian word for horizon. Due to a spelling mistake by the designer, it ended up as “orrizonte”. The other way is the right one! In any event, Yuji Yoshino-san and Yoko Ueno-san handled the arrangements. I participated in the chorus. It was wonderful to be right there in the studio watching first class musicians at work.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
So which track exactly is 'Currents' an arrangement of?
"Currents" is an arrangement of the beautiful theme to "Two River".
Old Jan 25, 2023, 02:35 PM

I was going to point that "Currents" was from Genso Suikogaiden opening scene, lyrics wise.
But now some one pointed something else, that honestly i don't see the resemblance. (oh . i did see the resemblance. wrong river thing i was listening xD)

So gonna make it easy for all tracks:

01 Withered Earth

Presented in both Suikoden II and Genso Suikogaiden, although the arranged version of this album is presented on Suikogaiden and and released an edited version on Genso Suikogaiden Vol.2 Last Duel at the Crystal Valley

02 Currents
So, an arrange of "2 rivers" from here.
But also the opening scene for Suikogaiden (Genso Suikogaiden Vol.1 Harmonia no Kenshi), Lyrics wise.

03 Freedom Again
from Suikoden II

04 Every Day Is a Carnival ~ The Even More Glorius, Beautiful Golden Capital

Original track presented in both Suikoden II and Suikogaiden vol 2
("Every Day Is a Carnival", i mean. in both games)

05 Amid the Silence

from Suikoden II

06 Captured Town
Original track presented in both Suikoden II and Suikogaiden vol 1

07 Allied Armies Forever
from Suikoden II

08 Plastic Castle in the Air
Sounds like an arrange from "Do You Want Some Carrots?" from SuikodenII

09 Let's Climb That Hill
from Suikoden II

10 Those Who Don't Work Don't Eat
11 Ah, Beautiful Dancer ~ Nahara Yan Kun
from Suikoden II

12 Orrizonte
from Suikoden II

For the longest time i always thought this was an arrange album from Suikogaiden, featuring arranges from the game, and new music.
I always assumed the title was wrong, which would not be the first time in Japanese history of writing on cds, as much as "Orrizonte" was wrong, to which i thought at the time "maybe its some keyword in the game". But never came up with that.
And today, i noticed this, because i adore this album and just been more then 20 years listening this. And today i learned something new.
Better late then never xD

Last edited by RomanticScent; Jan 26, 2023 at 04:24 AM.