VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 28, 2023, 07:18 AM

So I'm a bit confused here. What were the sound creators' specific roles here, if they are known? While Hideaki Kobayashi provided a list of tracks he did to someone on Twitter, and Kenichi Tokoi is known to have composed at least Route 99, I don't think it's explicitly confirmed that Kobayashi and Tokoi were the only two composers, even though people assumed that in the past.

Tomoya Ohtani denied making music for the game, so I wonder if he was only involved with sound direction or SFX. I think Tatsuyuki Maeda, Masaru Setsumaru, and Fumie Kumatani's roles are unclear too.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 07:41 AM
VGMdb Staff

Okay, I never even knew about that tweet from Hideaki Kobayashi. A lot of the zones he mentions, people have always listed as Fumie Kumatani songs (because speculation).

Also Cyber Track has a small arrangement in Sonic Generations, so Blue Blur credits it to Kenichi Tokoi. Literally every zone is accounted for except for Sunset Hill (although not necessarily every act since it's never been confirmed, I don't think, if every act was arranged by its composer).
Old Jan 9, 2024, 09:13 AM

According to Ohtani, he does not remember specifically what his involvement was, but may have been sound editing of some sort? Either way his role seems to have been minor, or at least did not work on music or arrangement. https://twitter.com/Ohtanitter/statu...47890335478015

Quote:
I don't remember anymore, but it is probably some kind of sound source manipulation process to create the data.🤔