VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 18, 2014, 12:31 PM

I submitted scans and the insert is blank on the back; the obi is covered with clear tape. When I received this, the obi was taped to the jewel case, making it appear sealed without being sealed. It was a strange sight, since I've purchased in excess of 700 used game music albums over the past 14 years and have never seen anything like it. Well, it keeps the dust away.

This is the best KOEI album I've heard; it's my favorite of the entire series. If you can only afford to purchase one KOEI album as an original, this should be the one.
Old May 18, 2014, 01:17 PM

I just yesterday got a CD I bought from Adol on the marketplace here that had been a rental and the obi was also taped to the case. There are some stickers saying it's a rental too, but they're easily removable. Maybe this is what happened to yours.
Old May 24, 2014, 11:05 AM

It's possible the previous owner had seen this done with rentals and did the same to his. The album I bought looks as if it was barely touched, so it wasn't a rental; the disc surface is too clean and looks new (not resurfaced).

In some sense, a rental version of a game music album should have some value since it's evidence of a dead industry. It might be an interesting piece of history to some.
Old May 24, 2014, 05:50 PM

My former rental is in really excellent shape too though. The booklet has a little indentation on the front from the case or handling, but that's about it. The disc has no more scuffs than some new CDs would, being mostly spotless and not resurfaced (assuming resurfacing would look the way my old Skip Doctor did: clearly visible). It might not have been rented much or something, but I was impressed at its condition, especially for being 19 years old. Of course, there may be no way to know your CD's history, but my one experience with a formal rental teaches me that you shouldn't exclude it from possibility for looking too good. It would be a bit weird to barely do anything to your CD otherwise but tape its obi to the case.

Yeah, CD rental is kind of a strange idea and I wonder if it happened majorly anywhere outside of Japan. The only thing I know of is libraries had albums you could check out, but of course that wasn't a for-profit business.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:16 AM

Fantastic release. Easily one of the best KOEI arranges out there and a little more interesting than the average orchestral session. Kind of a mix of progressive rock, jazz and classical music made into very adaptive fusion by Maeda.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 03:52 PM

Did some research and this game follows the storyline of "The Water Margin" novel extremely closely. Anyone interested in East Asian lit should play this.

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Old Jul 26, 2020, 04:02 AM
VGMdb Staff

Added the subtracks to the JP tracklist. Listening to the track in question I was only able to identify 4 individual pieces however (they are all gap-less) so no tracktimes yet. If someone is able to translate the tracks and add them to the Eng tracklist that would be neat. They need to be added to this album as well: https://vgmdb.net/album/905.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 06:28 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
Added the subtracks to the JP tracklist. Listening to the track in question I was only able to identify 4 individual pieces however (they are all gap-less) so no tracktimes yet. If someone is able to translate the tracks and add them to the Eng tracklist that would be neat. They need to be added to this album as well: https://vgmdb.net/album/905.
How do you add subtracks like that? I've never seen that before.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 06:39 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
How do you add subtracks like that? I've never seen that before.
It's a new feature restricted to trusted+ due to some limitations in the moderation tools.

If you want to translate the tracks just post them here and someone will add them.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 06:52 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
It's a new feature restricted to trusted+ due to some limitations in the moderation tools.

If you want to translate the tracks just post them here and someone will add them.
Gotcha! Here's my translation:

01 好漢, 街をゆく (Fine Fellow, Proceed to the City)
02 戦にのぞむ (Face the Battle)
03 戦勝~首領の決断 (Triumph~The Leader's Determination)
04 勝利のファンファーレ (Victory Fanfare)
05 休息の時 (Time of Rest)

Also note the kanji in that first subtrack is incorrect.

好漠 → 好漢 (correct)

Last edited by Chris Porter; Jul 26, 2020 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Made a couple of adjustments to the translation
Old Jul 26, 2020, 06:55 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks, added them.

If you need to do some tweaks, you should be able to edit them now that they're in.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 06:57 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
Thanks, added them.

If you need to do some tweaks, you should be able to edit them now that they're in.
Cool! Thanks