VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 11, 2015, 05:41 PM
VGMdb Administrator

SAORI KOBAYASHI'S ONE TRACK IS REALLY GOOD Jormungand where you at
Old Jan 17, 2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Best on the album for sure. Followed by Ishizuka's maybe?
Old May 4, 2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
urrrrgh this process has been so painful... I CAN'T BUY IT! iTunes JP is useless, and amazon.co.jp has changed their process so much from the last time that I ordered from them it's seemingly impossible to figure out. Seriously, I never had a problem ordering from them in the past.

Google has only gotten me so far. I haven't found an explanation of how to fill out the billing information form on a new account for an international address. Even after changing the country it still asks for a prefecture, and when I don't add one the form gets completely reset. Someone tell me what to do!
Old May 8, 2016, 04:36 AM

I tried Amazon.co.jp. First it didn't accept a foreign address, so I gave a real Japanese one, which worked. At the next step it said it doesn't accept foreign credit cards, only those issued in Japan.

I'm pretty sure it should work with an Amazon gift card. My wife uses them all the time to buy kindle e-books when we don't live in Japan (her parents in Japan buy the gift cards for her).

Apparenly you can get gift cards for Amazon and iTunes online. For example here. And this tutorial looks like a good explanation on using iTunes Japan without a credit card. A bit of a hassle, though.

I have no idea how to get either of these to work with a foreign credit card. Has that been possible before?
Old May 8, 2016, 05:51 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorbia View Post
I tried Amazon.co.jp. First it didn't accept a foreign address, so I gave a real Japanese one, which worked. At the next step it said it doesn't accept foreign credit cards, only those issued in Japan.

I'm pretty sure it should work with an Amazon gift card. My wife uses them all the time to buy kindle e-books when we don't live in Japan (her parents in Japan buy the gift cards for her).

Apparenly you can get gift cards for Amazon and iTunes online. For example here. And this tutorial looks like a good explanation on using iTunes Japan without a credit card. A bit of a hassle, though.

I have no idea how to get either of these to work with a foreign credit card. Has that been possible before?
Reposting from another thread:

Quote:
How to buy mp3 music on Amazon.co.jp

1. Buy an e-gift card for the amount of yen you need and email it to yourself (you can pay for it with any currency): https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B005FOVUS2/

2. Go to your account settings and "Manage Addresses and 1-Click Settings": https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/css/acco...ress/view.html

3. Create a Japanese address (you put whatever, it doesn't matter) and set the payment method to "Convenience store / ATM / Internet banking / e-Money payment" so Amazon will use automatically use your gift card balance instead prompting you for a credit card.