VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:11 AM
VGMdb Advisor

This is music from a drama that is based on a manga series. I know that we have a few cds that are based on a manga series in the database but those got approved because they actually have an animation series. (for sake of completeness)
Since this has got no relation to an animation at all, is adding this not a bit too much?

Last edited by AcidBeast; Jan 29, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:22 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I am agree with you.
TV Dramas or publication stuff should have at least a relation to an anime or a videogame.

Tokusatsu (superheroes-like series) should also been avoided since it's not our goal.

Only positive point i can give is for completeness of artists discographies or catalogs.. but we'r going maybe too far.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:45 AM

Same here, but SS (or Blah) apparently said okay.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:05 AM

well. I asked first, after adding this. Ichirou Nitta is on many anime soundtracks, and also, many artists, like shiro sagisu are in the vocal songs of this series. Basicaly I'm adding this so it can be added to the artists profiles already in VGMDB.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
I agree with you.
TV Dramas or publication stuff should have at least a relation to an anime or a videogame.

Tokusatsu (superheroes-like series) should also been avoided since it's not our goal.

Only positive point i can give is for completeness of artists discographies or catalogs.. but we'r going maybe too far.

it's not you who were wondering if my guin saga submissions should have been in the db or something?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrigan666 View Post
well. I asked first, after adding this. Ichirou Nitta is on many anime soundtracks, and also, many artists, like shiro sagisu are in the vocal songs of this series. Basicaly I'm adding this so it can be added to the artists profiles already in VGMDB.
when you submit more or less unrelated stuff (neither vgm nor anime)
you must submit according to artists or products or even both?

(you = anyone in particular)
Old Jan 29, 2011, 06:22 PM

That is exactly my basis.
None of the artist here are unkwon on vgmdb, most of them are here. So, like I said, I'm just "adding" more "info" about those artists
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:05 PM

if I wonder, that's because I know some vgm/anime composers who composed music for drama, tv movies, etc. (toshihiko sahashi I think, joe hisaishi maybe too)

and honestly, I don't think that sort of submissions has its place here (otherwise I'd have submitted long ago)
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
it's not you who were wondering if my guin saga submissions should have been in the db or something?
If I'm not mistaken, Guin Saga is the novel-oriented franchise, with one anime adaption, and I'm not sure Oumi Goro is such a prominent game or anime artist whose discography we want to complete, so I'd hold the same question as Myrkul. Although I don't intend to discourage any high quality expansion of this database, perhaps we once again need to reaffirm what's our main target and what's not, rather than loosening the entrance of the database and just setting the inflated goal.

Part of this is maybe our fault, if we don't clear up our scope.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 05:32 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I think it's ok to add music related to comics or manga, as they fit in under our classification system as one of the visual arts. We don't have a "project" for these, so it's probably best not to go crazy with submitting them.

As for this, it's the soundtrack for a series of drama CDs that spun off of a manga series? This does make it eligible by extension, like drama CDs that are derived from a game or anime. However, we are currently working on the anime and game genres, and have not officially stated that we are going to cover the music to all anime and comics, so let's not submit any more of these for now unless there is a strong anime or game connection.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:23 AM

This is the CD contains the vocal theme and some dialogues from the TV program. The "drama" here is just the type of the TV program. I honestly don't know if we have any category dedicated to TV, while no category (aka Works) for film soundtracks.

We used to deactivate the soundtracks that didn't fit our scope at that time (e.g. anime soundtrack which is neither from a game animation nor scored by famous VGM composers), and I think that would help submitters to see what's okay and what's not. We could hide these albums until VGMdb starts to cover manga/comic/novel products.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:49 PM

I'm not going to post nothing like this anymore. I just want to added them on ichirou nitta profile. nothing more.