VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 27, 2010, 09:00 AM

According to this post on GeOnDan, it seem like the OST also comes bundled with arrangements by GeOnDan

http://ameblo.jp/geondan/entry-10469410246.html

From the GeOnDan blog, it looks like:

Yoshino Aoki, Kenji Ito, Noriyuki Iwadare, Ryu Umemoto, Motoi Sakuraba, Manabu Namiki, Michiko Naruke, Motoaki Furukawa, Yack, wasi303, TECHNOuchi are involved.

It seems two non GeOnDan members are also involved:

金子充弘 and 岩田国治 but these don't seem to show up in the database.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
According to this post on GeOnDan, it seem like the OST also comes bundled with arrangements by GeOnDan
Incidentally, it will come as the preorder bonus of the game, and it's actually a DLC (something we can't cover yet) so I didn't add them to the note.

Quote:
金子充弘 and 岩田国治 but these don't seem to show up in the database.
Mitsuhiro Kaneda and Masaharu Iwata.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 09:11 AM

Oh no! DLC? That makes me sad...The OST is still physical though. At least there is that.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 02:24 PM

I definitely don't like where this is going...
Still, DSII music hasn't clicked me nowhere near as much as DS I, which to me was a masterpiece, so I'm not biting the bullet this time around.

I read through a couple of comments at cave-stg.com, and it looks like actually only the DLC is included with the first print editions, and not a physical disc. Anyone has more info on this?

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 08:37 PM

As I stated, DLC is a preorder bonus (for both editions). A physical soundtrack which is Original Soundtrack is bundled only with the limited edition, and that's what this entry was about.

source: Cave
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:13 AM

I see, thanks for clearing that out, Cedille.

(not knowing much japanese is such an inconvenience for cases like this...)

Old May 27, 2010, 01:21 PM

I finish up the translation, but maybe somebody else could check and improve it (I'm really bad at articles, so some nouns need 'The', others not).
Old May 27, 2010, 02:35 PM
VGMdb Advisor

A couple of changes, if nobody minds:
01: 魔界/Another World -> Hell (as opposed to 異世界/Another World from ds1, also from ds1 14 魔界帝王/Hell's Emperor, "Demon World" is ok too)
04: 野獣/Giant Beast -> Wild Beast (as opposed to 巨獣/Giant Beast from ds1)
15: 穢れなき/Divine -> Pure (seems more appropriate/closer)
And 'the's to make some tracks sound a bit closer to ds1.
Old May 27, 2010, 03:21 PM

Oh yeah, I overlooked them. Thanks for suggestion (btw, I've forgotten that Deathsmiles is being localized. Perhaps it's time to look for more official translations unless it sucks).
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:00 AM

I'm just going to say it: this is one of the greatest Cave soundtracks ever. Normally I'm not part of the Cave hype, but this is a soundtrack everyone should listen to, not just Cave fans. Amazing quality of music.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:29 PM

Is there a chance that the remix tracks DLC will get a physical album release? With the names mentioned, I don't see how it couldn't. If not, I hope that the music is rip-able, at least. I'd do it myself if I had a Japanese 360 and broadband. Yes, I hope that a kind soul will upload a rip.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
I'm just going to say it: this is one of the greatest Cave soundtracks ever. Normally I'm not part of the Cave hype, but this is a soundtrack everyone should listen to, not just Cave fans. Amazing quality of music.
I personally prefer the first, but it's still solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick G View Post
Is there a chance that the remix tracks DLC will get a physical album release? With the names mentioned, I don't see how it couldn't. If not, I hope that the music is rip-able, at least. I'd do it myself if I had a Japanese 360 and broadband. Yes, I hope that a kind soul will upload a rip.
I'd not be surprised if it ever happened. At the earliest, it will be sold at the August Cave Maturi (along with a fourth Deathsmiles Drama CD), but who knows. The DLC music is apparently rippable, but a further talk on this would be prohibited here.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick G View Post
I'd say you can quite count on it. The most similar case recently was the ESPGALUDA II Black Label OST, which they had already sampeld on the included cd with the game.

If that were the case in the end, it further proves that CAVE's strategy keeps getting more and more blatant though:
"Quick, let's have people pay a little extra for the first print DLC, only to resell it 2 months later at full album price". There, I'm a marketing manager at CAVE.

Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:38 AM

Thanks for the info, guys. Sorry if I crossed the line with the semi rip request

I was getting ready to rip the Espgaluda II Black Label arrange tracks before the album was announced. I figured that if I kept dying and letting the continue clock count down, I may be able to get at least 2 loops for each stage. "Select" is my favorite track but it's running time on the OST, while practical, is not nearly as long as I'd like it to be. It's nice to know that I still have that option!

Last edited by Nick G; Jun 18, 2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 01:37 AM

Should have used his alias Santa-Ruru!

Last edited by jdkluv; Dec 20, 2010 at 01:40 AM.