VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 23, 2009, 12:09 PM

Default SE-2013-2: HALO 2 original soundtrack and new music volume one

Awesome soundtrack, but one can live without the cheesy Never Surrender and Connected. Impend, Orbit of Glass (non-inspiring atmospheric music) and the flood track Ancient Machine can be skipped.

First two Incubus Odysseys actually work, although the second takes a while to get started. I am not fond of the jazzy third, very mediocre, but I can see some liking it. Fourth is a little better.

My Favorites- Halo Theme Mjonir Mix, Ghosts of Reach, Follow 1st movement, Earth City, Rememberance.

Last edited by BahamutZ; May 23, 2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:44 PM

Something strange is going on here... I can't find the cover we have here anywhere. I do, however, find this one all over the place.

Google search.

Where does the one we have, which contains the "and new music" part, come from? Is there a separate front from the booklet front...?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:48 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I own this album and it does have "and new music" on it. Perhaps there was a separate Vol.1 album printed later that had the non-Halo (new music) tracks excluded from it?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:51 PM

Yeah, I tried to find information about a reprint, but no such luck (although I didn't dig REALLY deep). Very confusing.

EDIT: Even sites that call it by its full name list the other cover, like Rate Your Music. If you own it physically and it is the green cover, then it's gotta be legit, so I just wonder where the blue one comes from.

Last edited by Hellacia; Apr 13, 2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 01:04 PM
VGMdb Administrator

It looks to me like the cover without the "and new music" was just some preliminary version of the cover artwork that they released to news sources. Before the album was finally released, they made a few changes to the cover.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 09:49 PM

Oh, okay, that's probably what it is. Sure makes it look like there's a reprint or something, but I'm pretty sure there isn't one in this case.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 05:21 AM

Track 11 2nd Movement of the Odyssey has a length of 5:10 on the back cover yet it is shown as 7:40 is this a misprint?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:51 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
Track 11 2nd Movement of the Odyssey has a length of 5:10 on the back cover yet it is shown as 7:40 is this a misprint?
It is indeed 7 minutes and 40 seconds long, so I guess it's a misprint.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:44 PM

On the back cover, songs written by people other than Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori, like Incubus, Breaking Benjamin, etc, are credited as "performed by". If Connected was "performed by" Hoobastank, then Hoobastank really wrote the music as well, not the Halo 2 composers. Track 9, Never Surrender, is credited as being "performed by" Nile Rodgers and Nataraj, but in our notes section, we credit it as being "by Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori". Is this a case where they composed it and the other two artists just performed it? Is there any information on the inside of the booklet? We don't have scans for it.

I'm curious because I really like that track, it's one of my favorites on the CD.