VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 9, 2013, 07:32 AM

So the tracklist went from 23 to 27 tracks, and the price is now $5. Dunno when the new tracks were added, and the Wayback Machine doesn't help, so we can't know if they were unlisted bonus tracks. I decided to keep the old tracklist, as the track times are quite different in some cases. Disregard this. As with Spirits Soundtrack, something is not right with track times. If you look at the current tracklists, track titles change but times stay the same track by track. That's one hell of a coincidence. Methinks something is wrong with Bandcamp.

Alright, I'm an idiot. Instead of comparing the old tracklist times with the current album listing on Bandcamp, I was comparing the two tracklists here, so no wonder tracktimes were the same. Non-default tracklists inherit track times from the default tracklist, and they do it track by track, so they look the same if you don't know about this behaviour. This fact makes impossible for us to keep different tracklists, as tracktimes from old tracklists are apparently discarded when a new default one is added. A limitation of the current system, which wasn't designed to take account of the newfangled digital world and its tracklist evolution. I'll delete the old tracklist since its tracktimes are lost and it's of no use now, and to avoid someone else getting confused.

Last edited by Lashiec; Oct 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Eureka! I'm an idiot -_-