VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 14, 2010, 05:53 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Did EA change the tracklisting for this after release (Fly Me To The Aegis Seven Moon --> Dick Cemetery), or did they just correct a naming error?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:05 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

So what? Are we following the craptastic EAtrax page?
The page where you can find 1 track scores.. where you can find albums that were never released (NFS Shift anyone?) ?

Or are we following digital stores (where it's still "Fly Me To The Aegis Seven Moon") cf: iTunes, amazon, emusic, amie street ..etc.. ?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:08 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't know anything about the EA page ... just trying to figure out whether to accept or reject an edit. But if it's 'Fly Me To The Aegis Seven Moon' on iTunes etc., then it should stay that way here.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:20 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I don't know anything about the EA page ...
If you look in the notes, the editor posted his source for the changes:
http://www.ea.com/music/the-official...ace-soundtrack

But i don't think we can take this page seriously because:
Even if it's EA official page, albums posted here are generally pre-release of their official commercial digital releases.
Tracklist is not even in order.. if you change that track title, you'll have to change everything else.
Again, the page is crap, they say we can buy the music, but i haven't seen any link to buy NFS Shift score and many other albums..

Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:39 PM

I fully agree with the rejection of my edit for the track title and owner. I didn't do enough research before posting it. Going to the last.fm of The Mag Seven and listening to Dick Cemetery was a totally different song than what is actually there.

I do still think "Escape From The Planet Of The Red Marker"
Should lose the word marker since both itunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dea...me/id293681736
and Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Space/dp/B001IA3Z0I call it "Escape From The Planet Of The Red" but on the other hand a part of amazon http://www.amazon.com/Escape-Planet-.../dp/B002P30J24
Uses marker also.

However using the game storyline as reference Aegis 7 has a Red Marker. So I guess it is more right to use marker?

You may also want to delete the note about dick cemetery.

Last edited by Fearin; Mar 14, 2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 01:49 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Is the Dick Cemetery the place you bury your dick after it becomes a stiff or what?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:20 PM

Edited from Manuel to Manual, according to amazon, ea trax and a rely on horror interview. Only iTunes sells it with that spelling.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:16 PM

So it seems at some point in 2008 there was a promo CD print - "Music From the Original Game Dead Space".
I accidently stumbled upon it at Yahoo Auctions JP several months ago.
Auction's title was "レア♪未発売■DEAD SPACEデッドスペース:サントラCD"
Whoever outbid me on that thing got very lucky.

Pics of the case' front and back:

Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:51 PM

I think that album may be a fake, http://www.originalsoundversion.com/...ead-interview/

According to the sound director
"OSV: What role does music play in Dead Space? We’ve been told that composer Rod Abernethy composed some music for the game, but in all the demos I’ve seen, I hear mainly grotesque sounds from the creatures and environments and not so much in terms of traditional music.
Veca: The music credits read “Music Composed and Conducted by Jason Graves in Association With Rod Abernethy.” Early on, Rod helped out logistically and was involved in our initial brainstorming, but Jason actually composed, conducted, and arranged all the music. But once again, we didn’t set out to compose a traditional music score; we were going for textures and mood. In the final carnation of the game, the music plays a huge role in the overall soundscape; it’s the drama behind everything. It’s sometimes very subtle, but can at a moment’s notice move seamlessly into a blaring dissonant cacophony, supporting the action and drama of the game play."
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:08 PM

I've received promos like this before for Graves' scores. Don't think I did for Dead Space, but imagine one was made.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:04 PM

There's no "Promo Only" on the back or front cover, like there is for Alpha Protocol Original Soundtrack Recording and Section 8 Original Soundtrack Recording.

The logo of Nexus Records would imply that this was intended for public release, but for some reason got canceled.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:57 AM

Track names are taken from Qobuz, Other sites leave off the work Marker for track 12 Escape From The Planet Of The Red Marker, also Track 12 has a common typo of Manuel.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:57 AM

I emailed Jason Graves and got his answer on titles.

> I am requesting information on titles for track 12 and 17.
>
> Online retailers have differing titles.
>
> Track 12 is Manuel Survival Mode
> Is it supposed to be Manuel or Manual?

Haha - it should be manual

> Track 17 is Escape From The Planet Of The Red
> Is it supposed to be Red or Red Marker?

Red Marker - I think some database cut it off by accident.

Jason
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:01 PM

Did you by chance ask him if track 13 "Plasma Cutters Are Your Friend" suppose to have "Friends" as plural instead of singular?