VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 25, 2009, 08:00 AM

Well, if it helps you in any way, those two orders I made were in two different occasions. After the first one I did order from them anew and everything was clean as a whistle, but the second occasion was sometime after and I was truly "unlucky". As a whole, my experience with them spans more than, possibly, 40+ albums and up till those two orders I had no problems. Still, I'd rather order from a place where I'm certain I'll receive what I want safe and sound, thus why I decided to stop ordering from otaku.com. But of course, we're not exempt from it happing anywhere else, though.
Old May 25, 2009, 11:04 AM

There are some really good deals there, though I think I splurged a little too much... $294 for 35 albums...vgm really is an addiction. Oh well, it's better then what is played on the radio these days.

7 Blades Original Soundtracks
Age of Mythology Original Soundtrack
Allstar Pro-Wrestling II Original Soundtrack
Arc the Lad Generation Original Soundtrack
Auto Modellista Original Soundtrack
Bayside Midnight Soundtrack
Bloody Roar 4 Original Soundtrack
Bloody Roar extreme Original Soundtrack
Brute Force Original Soundtrack
Dino Crisis 3 Original Soundtrack
Dirge of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII Original Soundtrack
Dirt Dash Arcade Soundtrack
Dracula Best
Final Fantasy X Vocal Collection
Final Fantasy XII Original Soundtrack Limited Edition
Genso Suikoden IV Original Soundtrack (limited edition)
Halo 2 Original Soundtrack Volume 1
Jojo's Bizzard Adventure Original Soundtrack
King of Fighters '99
King of Fighters best arrange collection ~since 94 to 00~
Legend of Heroes III - jdk special 1
Legend of Heroes III - jdk special 2
Lighting Legend - Original Soundtrack
Maximo Original Soundtrack
Metal Gear AC!D & AC!D2 Original Soundtrack
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty Sound Track 2: The Other Side
Rockman EXE 4 & 4.5 & 5 Game Music Collection
Rockman EXE Game Music Complete Album
SNK vs. Capcom SVC Chaos Original Soundtrack
Sorcerian Forever MIDI Piano
Star Ocean 3 Arrange Album
Star Ocean Soundtrack
The King of Fighters 2003 Original Sound Tracks
Viewtiful Joe + Viewtiful Joe 2 Original Soundtrack
Virtua Fighter 4 Sound Tracks
Old May 25, 2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboMaverick View Post
[...]...vgm really is an addiction.[...]
Tell me about it... x.x
Old May 25, 2009, 12:12 PM

Despite the complete non-response to my emails, I have sent off payment via PayPal to GMO's PayPal address.

With close to 50 CDs worth several hundred dollars and shipping itself being about $75 USD, I hope this transaction completes successfully.
Old May 25, 2009, 12:19 PM

Hope everything arrives safely. I'm sure it will, though.
Old May 26, 2009, 04:05 PM

Shipping to Sweden is SICK and they offer no insurance so sadly I can't really get any CDs :/

I was about to get Worms 2 and Voodoo Vince though, those are two non-Japanese gems. Someone should pick them up.
Old May 27, 2009, 01:38 AM

I finally got a reply to my email so I'm quite a bit more optimistic now.

As long as my stuff arrives safely and on time, I'll be more than happy, even with average/below-average communication.
Old May 27, 2009, 09:01 AM
Trusted Editor

My package arrived today! Took around 10 days from order to delivery and it even slipped through customs *yeeeeha*

So far I have only emptied the cardboard box and I didn't encounter any obvious damages the the albums. Still have to remove the shrinkwrap though

If it wasn't for the high shipping costs I would order at GameMusic.com more often, but it really only makes sense to order large amounts there
Old May 27, 2009, 03:42 PM
VGMdb Staff

To those of you who have received packages from gamemusic.com, I'd like to know if they clearly list the (real) value of the contents on the package? I just sent them a message about this as well, and I'm hoping they'll agree to at least writing-down the value since Swedish customs would make this 'sale' look like quite the opposite real quick with their 50% import tax rubbish =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
With close to 50 CDs worth several hundred dollars and shipping itself being about $75 USD, I hope this transaction completes successfully.
Neat little order =D Hope it works out alright for you!

Last edited by seanne; May 27, 2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old May 27, 2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
To those of you who have received packages from gamemusic.com, I'd like to know if they clearly list the (real) value of the contents on the package? I just sent them a message about this as well, and I'm hoping they'll agree to at least writing-down the value since Swedish customs would make this 'sale' look like quite the opposite real quick with their 50% import tax rubbish =(

Yeah, this is keeping me from buying atm.. damn Swedish customs and the "no guarantee it arrives" D:
Old May 27, 2009, 11:52 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
I would be careful about discussing such a matter here. Evasion of taxes is nearly as evil as distributing licensed music, so I'm not sure if blah allows it.

Well, at least for me they (GameMusic.com) included a invoice that listed all the items with the correct prices. This invoice was contained in a shrinkwrap and was attached to the outside of the package. However the customs didn't open this part.

Another shrinkwrap did contain the customs declaration, which was listing somehow different (*g*) prices. The only correct price listed there was the shipping amount. So I think I was lucky this time
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:10 AM

Default STATUS REPORT (for those who are interested)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLogic View Post
There's a soundtrack on gamemusic.com that I'm interested in purchasing but I want to know if anyone could help me to understand something first. The item number is very similar to the catalog number except that there's a "z" pre-seeding it. Should I worry about that? Just wondering. Thanks.
It's just a typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
I received some cracked cases
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstrife0777 View Post
My stuff came in a flat rate box with some bubblewrap and was tightly packaged (more like snug actually). Nothing was damaged as far as I'm aware. Of course I'm in the states though....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
The last time I ordered something at GameMusic.com it was securely packaged - let's see how it is this time
I think I got the same USPS flat rate box and snug would be a good word to describe it. Since the CDs are about the same size as the box (the CDs were placed spine up, not stacked on top of each other front up), there was not much room for extra internal bubble wrap protection so in a bad case scenario (e.g. something heavier placed on top of my parcel, careless postal workers, etc), there was potential for cracked cases.

Fortunately I received a good case scenario and each one of my CDs arrived safely without a scratch or crack*. No bootlegs either, of course.

International shipping delivery time was about 1 week.

*Although if I wanted to be anal, I could complain that the FFXII OST box was very slightly "crushed" and the Metal Gear Ac!d1+2 OST had a ripped shrinkwrap. But I won't (complain/be anal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
They're good when you don't have a problem, otherwise they suck.
Actually I did have a small problem. When I received my initial parcel, I noticed 3 CDs were missing. Fortunately, GMO was quick to ship the missing CDs separately (and respond to my emails) and it arrived in about 5-6 days, which is pretty quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoZeke View Post
Hope everything arrives safely. I'm sure it will, though.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
If it wasn't for the high shipping costs I would order at GameMusic.com more often, but it really only makes sense to order large amounts there
Overall, I am pretty satisfied with my order and would recommend GMO to everybody. I'll probably be back again for future GMO sales and similarly large orders (and large orders only).
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:58 PM
VGMdb Advisor

don't expect to see too many future GMO sales. I have a pretty good feeling this is a "no more game music for us" clearance.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 05:59 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Any sources to back this up?

They weren't exactly clearing out their entire stock last I checked. Then again, the site seems to be down right now, so you could be right.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:12 AM

Damn i missed the party.
But 25$ shipping... holy shit..