VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 26, 2010, 08:11 AM

Default SBPS-0003: Sailing to the World

Seems there's some music by Mitsuda that didn't make it onto the OST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0g0N7lGtPE

It's interesting to note that this video is taken from the game's sound test--which clearly credits Procyon Studio for the music. I wonder if that means the other composer for the game was Shunsuke Tsuchiya? The game was released in 2003... when did Tsuchiya join Procyon?

And now I'm wondering if there's any more unreleased Mitsuda music from the game...
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:58 AM

At the time of Sailing to the World, I believe he was the only composer at his studio. In 2008, he had Shota Kageyama join (who then left after Luminous Arc to join the company who composes for Pokemon) and now he has Maki Kirioka and Shunsuke Tsuchiya, but all after the time of Sailing to the World.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 01:01 PM
VGMdb Advisor

If only we could see the entire sound test... Well, there is a complete game rip for The Seventh Seal, and it is made of 2 discs: the first has music by the "other composer" (maybe from the Taiwanese development team), while the second is apparently only composed by Mitsuda. It has all the tracks in Sailing to the World (plus alternate versions of the two songs) and 2 unreleased ones: the battle theme on the YouTube video and a "Wind Song" ("Rhythm of Red" being the "Fire Song", and "Melody of Aqua" the "Water Song"). The wind song is pretty generic though...
Old Aug 1, 2011, 09:09 AM

Now available on Amazon Mp3, for the 5 people interested who didn't already own it. I accidentally added an extra link, so could a moderator remove it?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:40 AM

I added some of extra images. It's my first contribution to this site. I hope everything goes well.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 09:29 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Seems there's some music by Mitsuda that didn't make it onto the OST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0g0N7lGtPE

It's interesting to note that this video is taken from the game's sound test--which clearly credits Procyon Studio for the music. I wonder if that means the other composer for the game was Shunsuke Tsuchiya? The game was released in 2003... when did Tsuchiya join Procyon?

And now I'm wondering if there's any more unreleased Mitsuda music from the game...
I know I'm replying to an 11 year old post, but the credit in the YouTube video is 光田康典 (Yasunori Mitsuda) - Procyon Studio, not just the studio itself. It's like saying "appears courtesy of Procyon Studio" or it's just attaching Mitsuda's studio to his name.