VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:05 PM

Was using this as the source for the info on the vocal tracks:

http://anison.info/data/source/5887.html

The ED has me stumped. It says that the lyricist is Fonny De Wolf but says something about a "translated version" by Yukinojo Mori....at least that's what Google Translate tells me.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:41 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOSTMaster View Post
The ED has me stumped. It says that the lyricist is Fonny De Wolf but says something about a "translated version" by Yukinojo Mori....at least that's what Google Translate tells me.
Fonny De Wulf (his real name) is a Belgian, so Yukinojo Mori translated the lyrics of his song for the series, surely in Japanese.
Then can you tell us in which language is the ending theme please, TheOSTMaster?

JASRAC put Fonny De Wulf for the ending theme, not Fonny De Wolf like on Anison, can you tell us what it says on the vinyl?
JASRAC doesn't mention Naoko Matsui for the song 10 too, she is well credited on the LP?

Also Anison indicates that songs 9 and 10 are image songs, but sometimes there are errors with that on this website. Did you see the series too, to tell if they would be insert songs or not?

Last edited by SaintSquall; Jun 5, 2018 at 11:44 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:53 PM
VGMdb Staff

at time it was released, canyon records already switched to Pony Canyon, confirmed from back cover of CT release
I'm adding the vinyl 45 rpm with credit label of ED which say:
Lyrics, composition Fonny De Wulf
Japanese translation: Yukinojo Mori
Arrangement: Masaaki Oomura
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:07 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by depa View Post
at time it was released, canyon records already switched to Pony Canyon, confirmed from back cover of CT release
Ah yes well seen.
I wanted to add the cassette print too, but I had a little doubt about the catalog number.

Quote:
I'm adding the vinyl 45 rpm with credit label of ED which say:
Lyrics, composition Fonny De Wulf
Japanese translation: Yukinojo Mori
Arrangement: Masaaki Oomura
OK so the song is well in Japanese, and it's surely written Fonny De Wulf too on the LP, but I wait for the answer of TheOSTMaster, since he has the vinyl.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:22 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
Ah yes well seen.
I wanted to add the cassette print too, but I had a little doubt about the catalog number.
My only doubt was about the third number after P, it can be only a 6 compared other recent releases

Last edited by depa; Jun 6, 2018 at 12:25 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:46 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
My only doubt was about the third number after P, it can be only a 6 compared other recent releases
For my part, it was on the last number that I hesitated.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 09:11 AM

Unfortunately my vinyl copy of the album is still being delivered to me, so I can't do anything about it right now. Sorry :P

In regards to Naoko Matsui, I don't know why she's not credited on JASRAC---her name is in the very bottom of the Obi (on the front, at least). If you're still curious as to what language the ED song is in, a quick Google search of the TV-sized ED will show that it's in Japanese
Old Jun 7, 2018, 01:09 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Unfortunately my vinyl copy of the album is still being delivered to me, so I can't do anything about it right now. Sorry :P
Ah but you shouldn't say that you have the album in your collection, if you haven't received it yet. You never know, you could have bad surprises! (even if I wish you to receive it well )
And so you can check the credits by yourself before submitting the album.

Quote:
In regards to Naoko Matsui, I don't know why she's not credited on JASRAC---her name is in the very bottom of the Obi (on the front, at least).
It's right, and her name is also written on the back of the cassette, even more visible. JASRAC just forgot to mention her name, sometimes it happens.

Quote:
If you're still curious as to what language the ED song is in, a quick Google search of the TV-sized ED will show that it's in Japanese
Yes indeed. And this time it's written Fonny De Wolf in this ending theme. But what matters is what is written on the LP.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:10 AM

Alright, just received the vinyl. Do you still need a pic of the vocal credits?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 06:53 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Alright, just received the vinyl. Do you still need a pic of the vocal credits?
Sorry for the delay in answering; yes, if you could put that, it would be nice please.
It's mostly to see if it's written De Wulf or De Wolf on the LP, even if you can tell us too.