VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 19, 2018, 04:34 AM

Kingdom Hearts
  • "VIS LONG F" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in "Arabian Dream"
  • "140.163" from "Best Service XX-Large The Killer" was used in "Arabian Dream"
  • "Belltree Vox" from "Roland JV-1080" was used in "Precious Stars in the Sky"
  • "AHH" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Classical Choir" was used in "Dive into the Heart"
  • "SampleThe80s" from "Roland XV-5080" was used in "Dearly Beloved"
  • "Vocals: Ooh" from "Roland XV-5080" was used in "It Began With a Letter"
  • "EHH" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Classical Choir" was used in "Fragments of Sorrow"
  • "VI LONG FF" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in "Scherzo Di Notte"
  • "Fr.Horns SRX" from "Roland SRX-06 Complete Orchestra" was used in "Shrouding Dark Clouds"
  • "OHH" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Classical Choir" was used in "Hollow Bastion"
  • "World Sounds" from "Roland SRX-09 World Collection" was used in "A Day in Agrabah"
  • "OBS LONG F" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in "Blast Away! Gummi Ship 1"

Last edited by Skull; Jun 26, 2018 at 04:59 AM.
Old May 26, 2018, 10:58 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Devil May Cry 2
  • "Track 07" from "AMG: Ruff Cutz" was used in 2.24 "MODE SELECT" (0:00)
Old Jun 21, 2018, 01:55 AM

I've been noticing that the One Piece anime OST uses a lot of patches from the Roland Sound Canvas SC-88 Pro and sometimes Roland Super JV JV-1080 for the instruments that aren't live. For example, "We Are!" uses Strings : from the SC-88 Pro, the second part of "逃げろっ" (Run Away) uses Acoustic Bs. from the JV-1080 and the third part of "真剣勝負!" (A Serious Duel!) uses the POWER drum kit from the SC-88 Pro. The rotary organ in some tracks might be ORG:B3-Organ 3 from the Best Service Gigapack library if it's not live, but I'm not very sure about that one.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:53 PM

Hi there, I've been watching this thread for a while but it's my first time posting!

(1) I'm looking for two sounds from anime I've been looking for years, if someone can help.
The first one is from that drug scene again in the first Cowboy Bebop episode, at 8:50. It's a low buzzing sound and I'm sure I've heard it in other games or anime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WclY...utu.be&t=8m50s

(2) The second sound is not a sample but rather a preset. It's a typical synth bell sound from the 90s that can be heard on the whole Card Captor Sakura Soundtrack:
https://youtu.be/-UyQILlXM4k?t=9s

To me it sounds close to a JD800 but not sure. I've heard almost identical sound in Nexus (Fantasy Bellpad 3) but I'd like to know from which gear it's from.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 07:07 AM

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • "54 - karate movement exercise. martial arts" from "Sound Ideas The General Series 6000" was used in "Sumo Game"
  • "Track 32 (sample 5)" from "Sounds Good New World Order Journey 1" was used in "Sumo Game"

Super Mario Galaxy
  • "Saturn Rings" from "Roland Fantom X" was used in "Space Athletics"
  • "Saturn Rings" from "Roland Fantom X" was used in "Shadow Comet"
  • "Electric Pad" from "Roland Fantom X" was used in "Purple Coins"
  • "Himalaya Ice" from "Roland Fantom X" was used in "Purple Coins"

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • "VI FX 02" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in "Scaldera / Tentalus"
  • "VI FX 01" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in "Scaldera / Tentalus"

Last edited by Skull; Jul 7, 2018 at 08:33 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull View Post
Kingdom Hearts
  • "VIS LONG F" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in "Arabian Dream"
  • "140.163" from "Best Service XX-Large The Killer" was used in "Arabian Dream"
  • "Belltree Vox" from "Roland JV-1080" was used in "Precious Stars in the Sky"
  • "AHH" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Classical Choir" was used in "Dive into the Heart"
  • "SampleThe80s" from "Roland XV-5080" was used in "Dearly Beloved"
  • "Vocals: Ooh" from "Roland XV-5080" was used in "It Began With a Letter"
  • "EHH" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Classical Choir" was used in "Fragments of Sorrow"
  • "VI LONG FF" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in "Scherzo Di Notte"
  • "Fr.Horns SRX" from "Roland SRX-06 Complete Orchestra" was used in "Shrouding Dark Clouds"
  • "OHH" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Classical Choir" was used in "Hollow Bastion"
  • "World Sounds" from "Roland SRX-09 World Collection" was used in "A Day in Agrabah"
  • "OBS LONG F" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in "Blast Away! Gummi Ship 1"
Great finds man! I’ve been wondering about those! Have you ever found the Deep jungle drum loop? Looked through a bunch of libraries but came up with nothing.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 06:17 AM

Conker's Bad Fur Day
  • "ASUMEBELE" from "Spectrasonics Heart of Africa Vol.2" was used in "Uga Buga"
  • "MMM+RESPONSE" from "Spectrasonics Heart of Africa Vol.2" was used in "Uga Buga"
  • "WHISPER AAH" from "Spectrasonics Heart of Africa Vol.1" was used in "Uga Buga"
  • "WHISPER EEH" from "Spectrasonics Heart of Africa Vol.1" was used in "Uga Buga"
  • "M.CHOIRNOISE" from "Spectrasonics Heart of Africa Vol.1" was used in "Uga Buga"

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  • "SPACEY DRUMS" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality" was used in "On The Ground ~ Battle In The Jungle"

Last edited by Skull; Jul 20, 2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 03:12 PM

Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
  • "ALIEN1 71" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "The Long Shortcut"
  • "INDIGENIUS 125" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "The Long Shortcut"
  • "RUINED 127" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "The Slightly Longer Shortcut"
  • "HIP-NO 74" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "One of the Longest Shortcuts"
  • "SQUELCHY 78" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "The Slightly Longer Shortcut"
  • "TRANZAPPY 57" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "One of the Longest Shortcuts"
  • "RUINED 127" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "The Longest Shortcut"
  • "TRANSFORM 78" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "The Even Longer Shortcut"
  • "EARTHY1 70" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "Probably The Longest Shortcut"
  • "GATEFURY1 72" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "Probably The Longest Shortcut"
  • "NOIZEE 72" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality II" was used in "Probably The Longest Shortcut"
Old Aug 13, 2018, 05:53 AM

This is unbelievable; I'm so glad I stumbled upon this great thread.
Just registered to say a huge THANK YOU to everybody who's contributed. And also this:

TEKKEN 3 (Arcade)
  • "DRIVER 1" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Character Select"
  • "BIG RIFF 1" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Paul Phoenix"
  • "CREAM MUFF 3" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "King"
  • "INDIWAH 1" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Lei Wulong"
  • "Track 1" (sixth sample) from "Zero-G Datafile 1" was used in "Lei Wulong" (the breakbeat starting at 0:42)
  • "137 Round 1-D" from "Zero-G Funk Bass" was used in "Hidden Character" (the ubiquitous bass riff - also used in the Julia Chang PSX theme)

TEKKEN 3 (PlayStation)
  • "SLINKIN 1" and "SLINKIN 2" (in the Rare Groove folder) from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" were used in "Eddie Gordo"
  • "INDIWAH 1" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Lei Wulong"
  • "ITCHIN 5", "ITCHIN 6" and "ITCHIN 3" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" were used in "Hwoarang" (intro riff)
  • "ITCHIN 8", "ITCHIN 9" and "ITCHIN 10" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" were used in "Hwoarang" (main riff)
  • "ITCH LICK 7" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Hwoarang" (guitar solo lick)
  • "ITCHIN 7" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" were used in "Hwoarang" (breakdown riff)
  • "137 Round 1-D" from "Zero-G Funk Bass" was used in "Julia Chang"
  • "BIG RIFF 1" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Paul Phoenix"
  • "CREAM MUFF 3" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "King"
  • "Track 17" (fifth sample) from "JJ Jeczalik's Art of Sampling" was used in "Kuma/Panda"

MediEvil 2
  • "Into the Abyss" from "Smashtrax Orchestral Trailer Themes Collection Vol. 2" was used in "Wulfrum Hall"

some side notes:
I have asked Bob and Barn (via Facebook) about the MediEvil soundtracks, and they shared some interesting info: the main sample libraries used are “Sound Ideas - Symphonic Adventures” and the Peter Siedlaczek ones (such as Advanced Orchestra). All the other sounds come from a Roland JV1080 and a Kurzweil K2500.

other stuff I found out:
- the skeleton laugh from MediEvil's main menu also appears here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNSYewCz40M (at the start) and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=led3nV7uw70 (1:16)
- the Super Adventure Club South Park episode features the "Demon" orchestral arrangement from MediEvil 2 and the Kujara sound from Tomba 2

Last edited by Mike Dawson; Feb 27, 2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 09:06 AM

Found this thread on google and LOVE it!

I was wondering if anyone knew what sample libraries were used in the anime yu yu hakusho?

They're pretty dated but I love the deep menacing sound of some of their synth brass.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:51 PM

Their's a sample I've heard at least twice that sounds alot like it be a part of zero g's sample libraries. it appears here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXdWsbwi9Fw&t=27s
Timestamp: 0:17-0:33.

Can anyone help me with identifying this sample?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 09:33 AM

This sounds like a electric guitar or a distorted e-piano/synth lead
Old Oct 15, 2018, 01:12 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Final Fantasy X
  • "BA FX 04" from "Best Service: Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in 3.10 "Crisis"
  • "FL FX 09A" from "Best Service: Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in 3.10 "Crisis"
  • "VA FX 01E" from "Best Service: Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in 3.10 "Crisis"

Devil May Cry 2
  • "VA FX 04B" from "Best Service: Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in 1.03 "MISSION START" (0:44)
  • "VA FX 04C" from "Best Service: Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra" was used in 1.03 "MISSION START" (0:55)

Last edited by Nisto; Oct 16, 2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:24 PM

https://youtu.be/8uJnIijUnX8

LOL @ 02:00
Old Dec 16, 2018, 01:14 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Wow, we're getting popular!! Nicely spotted, SehrStill :P

BALDR BULLET REVELLION
  • "GNAW GEEZ" from "ILIO: Trancefusion" was used in 14 "blockade"

Also, for posterity's sake, here's a list of gear used by Hiroshi Tanabe, as disclosed in a message to a member of HCS64 via Facebook.

Hiroshi Tanabe

Last edited by Nisto; Dec 22, 2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 05:11 AM

Super Mario Galaxy
  • "Tabla+" from "Roland SRX-09 World Collection" was used in "FreezeFlame Galaxy (Fire)"
  • "Sinetific" from "Roland Fantom X" was used in "Overture"
  • "Virtual Human" from "Roland Fantom X" was used in "Observation Dome"
  • "Ice Palace" from "Roland Fantom X" was used in "Gateway Galaxy"
  • "SaturnHolida" from "Roland Fantom X" was used in "Loopdeloop Galaxy"
  • "Strobe X" from "Roland Fantom X" was used in "Gateway to the Starry Sky Appears"

Sonic Heroes
  • "LoFiHits SRX" from "Roland SRX-08 Platinum Trax" was used in "Hang Castle (Inverted)"
  • "Track 23 (sample 3)" from "Sounds Good New World Order Journey 1" was used in "Lost Jungle"

Last edited by Skull; Mar 21, 2019 at 07:55 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 04:53 AM

Several drum loops from Gigapack were used in the Donkey Kong Country series.
061 80 A-C LOOP:
http://www.synthmania.com/Best%20Ser...A-C%20LOOP.mp3

e.g. was used in Mining Melancholy (DKC 2) and Nuts and Bolts (DKC 3)
Old Mar 28, 2019, 01:48 PM

Technically the games didn't use drum loop (i.e. long samples containing pre-constructed drum patterns, on SNES that's simply not feasible due to the lack of sound RAM). Though the composers may have been inspired by those loops or cut them up and re-constructed them as sequences.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 04:44 PM
VGMdb Advisor

On the topic of loops vs hits, I noticed in FFX, they actually chopped up the "Life on Mars" loop from Cuckooland Unhinged for the Besaid Island track into 10 or so chunks IIRC. No idea what the reason for this decision was, but thought it was interesting. I mean, the SPU2 had plenty of RAM available..

Last edited by Nisto; Mar 29, 2019 at 08:30 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 07:45 AM

My guess is that it depends on how the developer's audio workflow was set up in cases of sequenced music. In FFX's case the composers may have been told to work just with MIDI, with the instrument sets being constructed separately. With more complex samples like drum loops but also riffs etc. the composer would work with a DAW with audio tracks that will have to be compressed later on.

Last edited by Datschge; Mar 29, 2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 09:24 AM

FWIW, DKC2 does use an actual drum loop in Funky's theme.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 02:50 PM

Good call. And it's not even a complex loop that couldn't have been easily split up onto a single channel.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 04:54 PM

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

WHAM-O! (Spectrasonics Distorted Reality) is the Floormaster Catching Sound

THRUSTERS (Spectraonics Distorted Reality) is the Armos Knight Defeat Sound
Old Apr 9, 2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrStill View Post
Does somebody have a clue where the creepy chant from "The Chosen" (Eternal Darkness, Gamecube 2002) does come from?

The other effects are also pretty neat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH0mU-Gdrg8
I finally found it!
Track 40 on Best Service - Spiritual Voices

Last edited by SehrStill; Apr 11, 2019 at 05:05 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 06:51 AM

WHAMY-WO 1 and PICK_SCR 1 from Ensoniq CDR-1 was used in Nuts and Bolts (Donkey Kong Country 3)
Old Apr 15, 2019, 08:06 PM

Hi everyone,
Awesome thread! Really loving the work being put in here. So cool to see how frequently used some of these collections were.
I've been looking for leads on a few specific soundtracks for a while now, and figured posting them here might help reel in more info.

The first is Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories - Inside The Puzzle. From what I can tell, most of this soundtrack was done with the Proteus 2000 composer ROM set, but there are still some mysterious samples thrown around during the OST, and I'd love to know where they come from. This track is particularly interesting, but any other leads would be appreciated.

The second and third have both been discussed here already, but I'm looking for further verification on two specific samples.
The female vocal choir sample featured in Dragon Seeds- Clone Lab
And, the low breathy male voice that rounds off each sequence loop in G-Darius - Network. (appearing at 22 seconds in). This sound is also very clearly layered with another submarine sonar sounding thing that repeats at both 15 and 22 seconds.

Of course I wouldn't be upset if you identified ANY other samples featured in these tracks/OSTs, but these ones have been irking me for a while.

Also, a cool extra bit of info I found while searching:

Ryo Yamazaki
Link to interview + picture of home studio
  • Akai S6000
  • E-mu Ultra series sampler
  • Nord Lead
  • Access Virus A
  • Some MOTU stuff and other blurry equipment I'm having trouble identifying.

Last edited by Sabored; Apr 15, 2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 02:37 PM

Can somebody recognize this Metal/Anvil hit:
https://youtu.be/JXmvs-rQhd4

My first thought was "SPARK" from the Roland drum packs but it's way different.

EDIT:
Okay, after some research I figured it out!
The effect originates from the Magix Soundpools series:
https://youtu.be/343BXsfyO-0

It turned out that this sample pack series is also pretty popular in Japan:
https://www.ah-soft.com/soundpool/sp03.html#menu1_3

Last edited by SehrStill; Apr 23, 2019 at 04:28 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:57 AM

Mario Kart Wii
  • "LO-FIDELIOUS" from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality" was used in "Options"
Old May 4, 2019, 03:19 AM

79 - Alien Probe from Korg N364 was used in Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Dodongo Cavern

Or Zero-G ripped it from this preset

Last edited by SehrStill; May 4, 2019 at 05:34 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 02:40 PM

Kingdom Hearts II
  • "Music Bells" from "Roland JV-1080" was used in "A Twinkle In The Sky"
  • "St.Strings" from "Roland JV-1080" was used in "Sinister Shadows"
  • "MC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "Organisation XIII"
  • "WC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "Organisation XIII"
  • "MC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "The 13th Dilemma"
  • "WC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "The 13th Dilemma"
  • "WC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "Dive Into the Heart ~ Destati"
  • "MC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "Dive Into the Heart ~ Destati"
  • "MC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "Fragments of Sorrow"
  • "WC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "Fragments of Sorrow"
  • "MC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "A Fight To The Death"
  • "WC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "A Fight To The Death"
  • "MC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "Disappeared"
  • "WC Ah MOD C1-C#1" from "East West Voices Of The Apocalypse" was used in "Disappeared"