VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 26, 2009, 11:15 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

I made a little over 10 edits to the tracklist to display exactly what's show in the booklet (uppercase, lowercase, and spaces).

By the way, for anyone that's interested in purchasing this rare album, it's available over at VGM World for $142 USD. Guess that sounds like a good deal to some.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:15 PM

yes, but it's not complete. No obi, at last :/
Old Jul 26, 2009, 02:04 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Ah, that's unfortunate. I would prefer having everything complete but I guess that's part of the reason why this soundtrack is being sold for a little cheaper then expected. Some auction sites, selling a complete, factory sealed soundtrack, might sell something like this for $200-300 USD.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 10:56 PM

I would be a bit careful with the older Sonic CDs. Sega will may release in Summer 2011 a 10 to 20 Disc Release to Sonics 20th Bday. I think it will covers at last cover the major soundtracks until Sonic R or until to Sonic Adventure 2 (due the fact that Jun Senoue don't releases reprints of his older works).

Some except a full release of the Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, CD (jap), Flickies Island, Sonic R and Sonic Adventure 1+2 Soundtracks. But let's wait and we'll see it maybe.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:51 AM

It would be so awesome if all of those albums were to be reprinted, , somehow I doubt it though. :|

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 06:40 PM

I'd be careful with suggesting that people hold off on purchasing older, official soundtracks until that 20th anniversary. If Sega does finally decide to release something for Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, CD, 3D, and nothing more, then the prices on those other soundtracks might climb.

Sort of like the Shinobi Original Soundtrack when the boxset was announced.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:41 PM

Oh yes, I almost forgot about Sonic 3D Blast, is that the one everyone's talking about? Well anyway, I would definitely love to see that one released.

Old Nov 29, 2009, 01:54 PM
Trusted Editor

Oops, please disregard my last change to the notes field. I just realized that something like an "E.Sitar" actually exists:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_sitar
Old Jul 3, 2012, 09:43 AM
Trusted Editor

I asked Jun what Tokoi's role on Open Your Heart was, and he replied. "I wrote the music and he helped me to have vocal harmonies on it. He sang on the original demo too."
Old Aug 8, 2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident93 View Post
I asked Jun what Tokoi's role on Open Your Heart was, and he replied. "I wrote the music and he helped me to have vocal harmonies on it. He sang on the original demo too."
That's the original demo. It's Eizo Sakamoto of Anthem (ex. Animetal) on vocals for the demo that you can find on youtube etc. (the one they used at the Sonic Adventure unveiling). This info is available on the Sonic Adventure sound section website (where the demo was originally posted for download), and Jun also confirmed it on twitter.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 01:55 PM
Trusted Editor

I'm aware of this.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:24 AM

Is $130 a good deal for a brand new copy of this?

I guess I can provide a scan of the obi now.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon64 View Post
Is $130 a good deal for a brand new copy of this?

I guess I can provide a scan of the obi now.
Make sure it's not a bootleg, first. $130 brand new is fishy. >.>
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:45 AM

I stumbled on it on eBay and made an offer for $20 less than what it was listed at and they accepted. Pics are of a legit copy, can see the catalog number. So I'm pretty excited!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170943287797...84.m1439.l2649
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:47 PM

Oh yeah! Got it today!

Last edited by Ghaleon64; Dec 12, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:10 AM

This image was provided by Ghaleon64. I had requested it, since I had a bootleg copy and I wanted to compare them to tell the difference. Anyway if your discs look like this, you should have a legit copy.

Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but there is no scans of the discs yet ( Ghaleon64 might do it not sure though )
Old Jun 9, 2014, 04:36 PM

Makes me kind of feel like an ass for not doing scans of this back before I sold my copy. >.>
Old Jun 9, 2014, 08:41 PM

Yeah, it's a shame that no one has done 600dpi scans of this now-elusive release. Ah well.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 09:50 PM

There are alot of bonus bits included with this soundtracks, posters, stickers etc things like that. I hope you got those with your copy.