VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 16, 2017, 02:41 PM
VGMdb Advisor

More Automata, yea!!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 04:34 PM

I assume that this is the same product as this BD?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 09:39 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Yeah, that would be the one.

So the tracklist is complicated. I'm going to try to sort it out. But basically, the bluray video will always be broken into 24 chapters (so there should be 24 tracks listed). Problem is, all of the interspersed Drama Voice tracks are *different* depending on which version of the show you select. All of the concert footage is from the May 5th Farewell showing, but the Blu-ray swaps in the voice dialogue from all 7 of the touring shows ... and the scenes used (and it's just black background, fade-in text, and talking) were unique to each show.

So May 5th evening "Farewell" is the default when you play, but there are 7 versions. And those interspersed dialogue tracks have their own unique names and unique track times, so your total time varies by about 2 minutes depending on which version you watch.

I'd like to request we formally list the May 5th version as "canon" and then in the notes, I can list the alternate versions' dialogues and their track times.

Is this acceptable?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 03:35 PM

It isn't entirely the same product; the English subtitles are not present on the Japanese version (SQEX-20037), but they are planned to be on the one for English territories (SQEX-20038). Taro confirmed that on twitter too.

The NA twitter also asked about demand for the first press bonus script book, but untranslated.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 07:27 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Oh you've gotta be kidding me. I spent serious money on 20037, and now they're repressing with English subtitles?

GAH. My life!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 07:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'll have packaging scans up soon. When you see, I think it'll justify how I've presented the tracklist.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
Oh you've gotta be kidding me. I spent serious money on 20037, and now they're repressing with English subtitles?

GAH. My life!
you can maybe ask them something about it, with a proof of purchase
never ask, never get
Old Oct 25, 2017, 02:32 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
you can maybe ask them something about it, with a proof of purchase
never ask, never get
That's not a bad idea, actually. Will try!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 08:10 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Okay, scans are done. If anyone wants to dig through and determine arrangers ... I honestly don't know if any apply. Possibly Keigo Hoashi. Or the other instrumental performers, for their solo improvisations...?

I have included a JPG-conversion of the digital (PDF) voice drama booklet. My logic on this is that everyone who preordered or got first press received *one* of the seven voice drama booklets. If we knew enough people who bought it and collectively we got the sets, we could do physical scans, which fits the site's standards.

So I took a shortcut by converting the PDF files into JPG pages. I hope they can stay!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:15 PM

So I've never submitted a new release on here before, but I picked this up from the Square-Enix NA store and it's SQEX-20042. So dumb question, how would I go about entering a new release (and copy/paste existing info)?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:41 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Are there other differences between the two releases other than catalogue number? If it’s only the packaging that has changed, you can submit it as a reprint (Edit > Add a Child Album).