VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 3, 2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcubalis View Post
Regarding FFXII, it seems that Square Enix has no interesting in pursuing it as the soundtrack didn't perform as well as they would have liked. I think Casey Ormond is a perfect fit, and Basiscape could produce and release it themselves, but Square Enix seems unwilling.
They (=SQEX?) just announced a XII Piano Collection in yesterday's Piano Opera concert, though.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
They (=SQEX?) just announced a XII Piano Collection in yesterday's Piano Opera concert, though.
That's great news, long overdue!!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 10:18 PM
Trusted Editor

FF12 piano collections?! ^_^
Old Aug 4, 2012, 06:53 AM

Wow! Great news! I think this can turn out very interesting!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:26 PM

I find it odd that it seems the general consensus is "Final Fantasy XII Original Soundtrack: sucks (or at least a disappointment). Final Fantasy XII Piano Collections: can't wait!"

It'll be interesting to hear who will do the arrangements. I'm guessing the Basiscape crew. I hope Sakimoto will do at least some himself. When he chooses to make piano a focal point in his music, which isn't very often, it's always fantastic and unique. "Lost Forest" from Legaia Duel Saga, "Sky Ray" from the Stella Deus arrange album, and "The Salikawood" from FFXII are good examples.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 01:12 PM
Trusted Editor

Final Fantasy XII Original Soundtrack is my 2nd fav final fantasy ost. it may not be uber popular like ff7 (overrated imo), but it does have a fair group of fans.

The game itself was hated on and I failed to see why. Remove FF from the title, and all of a sudden people say its one of the best JRPGs of all time. "/