VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 18, 2009, 04:53 PM
Trusted Editor

First, thanks for whoever translated this tracklist, but gotta point some errors / questions:

01: The Big Chill | Wouldn't "Time of Reunion" or something to that kind be more accurate?

04: Wind Shadow Attack | "Kazekage Attacks" could be more accurate, Kage's are the leaders of the 5 most powerful ninja villages in naruto-verse and Kazekage is the leader of Sunagakure, which is in Land of Wind (Yay, useless naruto-trivia)

08: Gai Group vs Oni-Same | "Team Guy vs Kisame" would me my pick. In anime + manga, groups are called usually teams, and Kisame is the characters name what Team Guy fights. (Another trivia, the leader of the team is called Might Guy, or Maito Gai, but seems that Kishimoto did romanize / translate it as Might Guy. And it's probably the official translation in the anime + manga also.

10: I Am the Weasel | This gave me laughs, correct one is "Itachi Uchiha"

12: The Funnest Puppeteer | Funnest? Shouldn't it be more like "The Most Evil Puppeteer"

13: Cherry Blossoms Dancing | "Sakura Dancing", Sakura is one of the main chars in the series.

18: Ninja Arts - Super Beasts Imitation Picture | Don't know if this is better as "Super Ninja Arts - Beast Illusion" which seemed to be some fantranslation in the series or just as "Choujuu Giga"

19: Blue Back | Don't remember why, but I had this as "Green Back"

21: The Fourth Awakening | I would put this as "The Fourth Awakens", which would imply to the Fourth Hokage awakening, no idea though if it happens in the game, and I'm not far enough in the manga to confirm.

25: I Am Sasuke | "Sasuke Uchiha", same thing as track 10, characters. :P

That's all, except track "28: Ayaki Village", not sure if it's Ayaki, but couldn't get any good matches with the kanji or looking at gamefaqs for locations. Only villages the FAQ speak if is Sand and Hidden Leaf.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:52 PM
VGMdb Administrator

That tracklist looks like something I did, and I never watched any Naruto so go ahead and make whatever changes make sense.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 09:00 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
That tracklist looks like something I did, and I never watched any Naruto so go ahead and make whatever changes make sense.
Did the changes, except for track 18, really no idea which one would be better. Should probably check how that is translated in the official english translation in the manga.

Stuff like this is one reason why I hope that soundtracks would have more and more english tracklists, would help with names and stuff. Especially if it's bit more obscure, or just a soundtrack to a smaller game. Would save some time looking for names and references.

Anyways, maybe I should listen this soundtrack bit more, from earlier listenings, this sounded pretty nice.

Also, about that products represented, these games are named in US as "Ultimate Ninja 4: Naruto Shippuden" and probably "Ultimate Ninja 5: Naruto Shippuden", should that part of the album page be changed?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:26 AM
Trusted Editor

Did check different translations for that track 18, manga translation is "Art of Cartoon Beast Mimicry" and English TV "Ninja Art: Super Beast Scroll". The current one is pretty literal, but I'm wondering if that "Ninja Art(s) - Super Beast Scroll" would be better or just romanize the whole thing as "Ninpou - Choujuu Giga".

And seems that, that technique has taken it's name from this. You learn new stuff everyday.