VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:07 AM

When I saw the trailer to Fire Emblem: Kakusei (Awakening)
I was praying that they would release a music selection for it...to my surprise...THEY FREAKIN' DID!!! Holy shit, people! This is an awe-some moment for me! xD
A whole new FE soundtrack... should be promising!
I want everyone to take a look at this Overview Trailer and listen to the music from there. Afterwards, tell me your thoughts? Would love to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3mAn...eature=related

Last edited by Red Blazer; Apr 14, 2012 at 05:37 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:25 AM

Looked at the trailer and seems like it will be a quality product overall.
Especially liked the character designs and art direction.
Music suits well and is definitely something for a fan to enjoy, but personally though I wouldn't spend extra money on it.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:13 AM

Yes! I agree, the character designs and art direction is something to be admired.
Also, thank you very much for having a look at that link. It's truly appreciated.
But here is something I must ask: Why do you think the FE Music Selections Album might not be worth purchasing? Is the music not good enough for you? Or is just because you feel that playing the game is more important? Or both, maybe? =O
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:08 AM

I think it is purely a matter of taste, really.

The music is good and fits this type of tactical JRPG perfectly. I just don't see myself listening to it outside of game. If you're into it - yes totally worth a purchase, especially if you're a fan of a certain game, it's nice to have items related to it - artbooks, soundtracks, promo DVDs etc.

I would like to play this new Fire Emblem, because it would bring back memories from playing older titles on GBA a while ago, and damn it was fun... but I'd have to get 3DS for it first
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:28 AM

Gotta get a 3DS, aswell... lol
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:14 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I replaced the original album title with "ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒 ミュージックセレクション" as it's written on the disc and front cover, while I put "ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒 MUSIC SELECTION" on the 4th line, since that's on the obi.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:46 PM

Could anybody get access to the staff credit? I've heard Rei Kondoh was involved here, but not sure if it's as a part of T's Music.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:21 AM

Not sure how accurate this is, but this lists Rei Kondoh under "Music Composition": http://www41.atpages.jp/fememopage/stafffe13.html
Old May 13, 2012, 10:25 AM

His website lists it:

Here.

It says he did part of the music, not all of it.
Old May 13, 2012, 02:28 PM

30 tracks. The sound test lists 77 tracks, but a fair number of them are the base track with additional instrumentation. Wouldn't be too surprised if he did most, if not all, the tracks that have vocals since they're quite similar in style to what he did for the Bayonetta soundtrack.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:53 AM

So...anybody know if there is going to be a FULL OST release to this game or not? =O I'm wondering...I really love the music in this FE game! xD I mean...if Kid Icarus got one...I think it's only fair that FE Awakening got one, aswell. But that's just me. What are everyone else's thoughts?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:27 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Gosh, I don't know what I dislike more: Nintendo albums not having any kind of information besides a tracklist, or Nintendo albums including liner notes, but only attributed to roles like "director" with absolutely zero names anywhere. I was hoping they only did the latter on the Kirby's Return to Dream Land album, but they did it here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr135 View Post
Not sure how accurate this is, but this lists Rei Kondoh under "Music Composition": http://www41.atpages.jp/fememopage/stafffe13.html
I can vouch that these credits are accurate, at least as far as the sound staff goes.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:47 AM

I know, Nintendo has some of the worst album packaging. Especially, after Shouzou Kaga left. A full album has been announced. 5 discs total, I'm really shocked. Yuka Tsujiyoko gets more official releases and attention than Koji Kondo. Also, can we get links to the composers?