VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:14 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The sources for the composers for this album and the others in the Falcom bomb I just did are the game credits from http://falcombob.yikuu.com/f_staff.htm
Old Mar 19, 2009, 08:41 PM

Neat site. I've been wondering about the composer credits of recent Falcom games. In my experience, though, the music staff on the remake albums (although Brandish PSP might have original compositions) serve arrangement rather than composition roles. That site doesn't credit all the original composers. For example, Zwei was composed by Atsushi Shirakawa, Hayato Sonoda, Wataru Ishibashi, and Maiko Hattori while Brandish was handled by Mieko Ishikawa and Atsushi Shirakawa. If you need composer credits for any earlier Falcom albums, don't hesitate to ask me.

Last edited by Chris; Mar 19, 2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 06:50 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Does the album's packaging still list "Falcom Sound Team jdk"? And if so, that should still be listed as a composer for the album on the database, yes?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:13 AM
VGMdb Advisor

The listing says "Commercial, Enclosure." Was this only available in the Japanese PSP game? It has a catalog number, but I couldn't find it on Falcom's mail order site.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriol View Post
The listing says "Commercial, Enclosure." Was this only available in the Japanese PSP game? It has a catalog number, but I couldn't find it on Falcom's mail order site.
I *think* both this and the FM TOWNS & Renewal soundtrack were promotional stuff that originally came with the PSP game.

It's a shame Falcom doesn't sell this soundtrack on their shop, because it's simply amazing. This game's soundtrack has by far the best sound quality I've heard on a Falcom game.

PLANET BUSTER REMAKE WHEN
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:46 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks for the confirmation. The only reason I even found this album was from a VGMdb discussion about Ys Foliage in Celceta. I became curious as to what this Brandish album is about.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 06:40 PM

I added Naoki Kaneda as a composer. He composed Tradition (and by extension, Ending 2, which is a new track, but simply an arrangement of Tradition). There's also a part of Gadobistall that uses the motif.

I've also been able to confirm with Shirakawa that he composed Tower, Rakshasa, Game Over, Cave, and Fortress.