VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:22 PM

AWESOME! This should stop people trying to sell their physical release for $10,000,000!! :P
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:44 AM

I think its value is still going to scale higher, I mean its considered by many as even better than Super Mario 64 in all aspects (Graphics, Story and Music).

After listening to this reprint I'm wanting the Pony Canyon release even...

MOЯЕ

Last edited by ᄐv๑–X²; Jun 25, 2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Chip View Post
I think its value is still going to scale higher, I mean its considered by many as even better than Super Mario 64 in all aspects (Graphics, Story and Music).

After listening to this reprint I'm wanting the Pony Canyon release even...

MOЯЕ
But why? You can now officially download it in the same cd quality as the physical release... I don't quite understand why anyone would choose to buy someones $600 physical release... unless they just HAVE to have the physical copy for no other reason than to have the physical copy.

Each to their own I guess. I for one am glad to finally be able to have a legally obtained cd quality version of this without paying a rediculous amount!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 02:21 PM

Calling this album complete is more than a stretch, it's flat-out untrue. As anyone who has played the game and listens to the album should immediately notice, it doesn't include all the variations that play in the different parts of stages. Plus, it's just plain missing a lot of music entirely. Still, quite nice of Grant to make it available so generously. It's just too bad you can't get all the music (although I'll give dynamic soundtracks like this are problematic for that. If you string all the variations of a single tune together into a medley it might get too long to listen to outside the game).