VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 18, 2015, 03:19 AM

For the title of this album, Amazon.co.jp lists the bonus CD as having the title of "Original Soundtrack VOL.1", so should the title be altered here do you guys think? I know it's not necessarily the display title; however, should it at least be added somewhere on the page?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 05:24 AM
VGMdb Administrator

These kind of enclosure titles are temporary so if you can confirm what's actually printed on the disc, there's no problem changing them. Looks like Amazon is correct so I changed both albums http://blog-imgs-75-origin.fc2.com/f...a/IMG_3362.jpg
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
These kind of enclosure titles are temporary so if you can confirm what's actually printed on the disc, there's no problem changing them. Looks like Amazon is correct so I changed both albums http://blog-imgs-75-origin.fc2.com/f...a/IMG_3362.jpg
And then I take it the other bonus CDs should have their titles changed as well? Assuming the title can be confirmed through the disc, of course. Amazon.co.jp lists each of the bonus CDs as having an actual title (including the original animation, not just the golden animation), so I suppose at this point all thats left is to confirm by finding pictures of the discs. I may have changed the titles of a few of them a little earlier than I should have, as I'm having a hard time finding picture of the discs myself.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:33 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Amazon (and other shops) are generally not a good source for these kind of things, as they probably just list the title they get from the publisher, which might not match the actual disc.
For example, the first one just says BONUS CD 1: http://rubese.net/twisoq/img/03567c6...76f2d8ae2e.jpg
The drama cd is ok: http://blog-imgs-55.fc2.com/8/1/0/810178/PC090598.jpg
Old Jan 20, 2015, 04:01 PM

Right then, thanks. Though, with reference to the regular animation bonus CDs, should "Vol.X BONUS CD" remain as their default title? Similar to these BONUS CDs, they also have actual titles such as "Original Soundtrack Vol.X", so in this case, shouldn't their default titles be switched to the latter? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm a bit tired, but at the same time I'd still like to try and contribute.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 01:23 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yes, if they are correct. They might be just how the content was announced, so be sure to check some scans/pictures before changing them.

The only exception that comes to my mind is that if the disc doesn't have the volume number specified on it, we still include it in the title to avoid having a bunch of entries with the same name. Example: http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=210671
Old Jan 21, 2015, 07:47 PM

Alright then, I'll keep an eye out in the future. Thanks a bunch for the help and clarification.