VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 18, 2021, 09:39 AM

With Anison Generation for source, it will be always confusion somewhere, somehow.
For example, at the end of vinyl 3 tracklist (CZ-7266, side 2), two tracks are missing... at first, I thought that was another original songs that were not on db... until I searched the title and found that it was already: it was SCS-359, publication image songs...
Old Sep 18, 2021, 01:45 PM
VGMdb Staff

As said often in the past anison.info it's not accurate as most users think. Then I suggest always to check original albums on google, discogs, YJ and mercari auctions, if they come with credits by booklet and insert images. If not available as this case, you can 100% rebuilt from hundreds of original songs we have with their singles and their credits available from original scans or HQ pics.
Sometimes minor original songs came out on those big compilations, and they didn't come with a single release so we have some ways in rebuilding them in absence of scans, and I explain how I often proceed:
- hope some friend collectors own that album
- check if a single release really exist. For example anison.info miss tons of minor singles as SCS-359.
- if not available, check if that track is available on other recent compilation albums. For example "yodobashi" cover a large field of '00 compilations with full credits and don't follow anison.info.
- if still not, it's rare but could happen, I use JASRAC to have lyrics/composition for that track, I cross data with some database, blogs, or other sites and check if there a 100% match (also for arrangement which is not available on JASRAC).
- if still not, I don't load that album on database due missing data and wait if something come out from new auctions

Last edited by depa; Sep 18, 2021 at 01:47 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:54 PM

I had to say... honestly, I use Anison Generation only for source because I can't read Japanese so much, but when it's easier compilations or singles, I simply use the releases already submitted on database.
I'm tempted to use Tower.jp for CD compilations, but only for CD and if it's songs that has not been submitted.
But at the end, I will always go to Anison Generation for verification...