VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:13 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Noriyasu Uematsu?

It should be Noriyasu Agematsu. You have to be careful grabbing artist information from other sites, especially for anime music where there has never been much effective quality checking. The best approach is to find a Japanese source for the credits, and paste the kanji into our search bar, and use our correct romanizations.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:22 PM

It is like that exactly.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1780458/
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:29 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The problem is, IMDB is wrong in this case.

I have an account there. I wonder if i can make a public edit.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%...AF%84%E5%BA%B7

あげまつ --> Agematsu
クロノクルセイド --> Chrono Crusade
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:33 PM

In other places that is name that cames up
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, that's what I mean about anime. There's a lot of incorrect information out there. Access to all of these scans along with the skills we've built up here researching VGM will help us to correct them.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:41 PM

That's because when a site like imdb has it up, that wrong information gets passed from site to site.

While not always correct either, you'll find http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=27751 a bit more reliable, but still the best way is to do what SS said and if it's not in the database it doesn't hurt to make a new thread to ask.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I submitted a correction at IMDB, so we'll see if gets accepted.

Old Jun 16, 2010, 08:07 PM

How funny, I was going to submit these a couple days ago, but then just got lazy. Thanks morrigan for submitting this, Chrno Crusade has a very solid soundtrack, and also it's one of the first soundtracks I ever physically owned (first anime soundtrack actually, following only the Xenosaga II Movie Scene Soundtrack, which was my first game soundtrack ever). Anime music fans won't be disappointed by Hikaru Nanase's talents here.

EDIT: Something looks very wrong about the track times. Are you sure these are right? I have some different lengths for some songs.

Last edited by Medina; Jun 16, 2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:18 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't think Morrigan owns the album, and I had to fix a lot of mistakes in his submissions, so I'd vote to replace all of his tracktimes with the ones that you have.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
-snip-
Hikaru Nanase is a great composer, I've yet to hear anything bad from her. Noein and Scrapped Princess are both great, too.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:05 AM

Okay, I've replaced the track times for both volumes.

Also, maybe I can nitpick here: should we really interpret that gigantic fancy stuff around the "Gospel" titles as hyphens? I think that's just beyond a hyphen even. And also, I don't think they would call this 1, but then call the next one II. Sure stranger things have happened, but I think it's just the font that's making it look like an Arabic numeral and not a Roman one. Well, I'd change them, but I don't know if more people agree on this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
Hikaru Nanase is a great composer, I've yet to hear anything bad from her. Noein and Scrapped Princess are both great, too.
Yeah definitely, Scrapped Princess is great, though I haven't heard the other one. I like her a lot, and I also have some bias with her because she was one of the first soundtrack artists I really paid attention to, hence why this was one of my first.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:16 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I think you are probably right on both counts. I had some second thoughts after changing the I to a 1; maybe it is just a font issue. We could tell for sure if we could see the spine, which is almost never in a stylized font.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:11 AM
Trusted Editor

Definitely a great album, just added it to my wishlist.

Thanks Medina and Lowe for the recommendation(s)!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:15 AM
VGMdb Administrator

The correction has been accepted at IMDB.

Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:16 PM

I told him it was Agematsu (tststs still uncorrected)

http://anime.geocities.jp/st_nht/Chr...no_op_cds.html
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:13 PM

Do we prefer split booklet scans, like we have now, or scans that show how the pages are linked, provided they're not like 7-page foldouts? The reason I'm asking is because I am now the proud owner of a brand new copy of this soundtrack, so I'm going to scan the disc and obi. I could also do scans of the booklet, which is a 3-page foldout, something you can't really tell by our scans (or more appropriately, by how the scans are named). If the split scans are preferred, I'll just do the obi and disc, but it's no problem doing the booklet if it will be considered an improvement.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 05:39 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

We'r accepting scans as they comes. Generally replacing them only if someone else provides a better quality.

"Linked scans" are better in my own point of view. The downside is the file size.
If you are able to provide equal quality or better without breaking the file size limit it's ok.
(i generally try to not post scans over 3.5 Mb for multiple pages scans, and 1.5 Mb for a single page -this is not the file size limit, but i think it's the "reasonable" file size-)
Old Mar 5, 2012, 01:12 PM

My scans hover around that exact size; 300 DPI, and high-quality JPG. I'm not using a really great scanner - it's a fairly old all-in-one - so I'll do them later today and see how they come out. If the ones we have now look better, then I'll just do the disc and obi and try to match the quality we have here as close as possible.

I agree, I like linked scans because you can see the structure of something.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 01:21 PM

[][][] <-- small in one scan (like what you can see in auctions sites)
|¯¯||¯¯||¯¯|
|__||__||__| <-- big in 3 scans

for example, for a folded booklet (I hope it's clear?)
Old Mar 5, 2012, 02:52 PM

So if it's linked, it should be smaller, whereas if it's split, it can be much bigger? If that's what you're getting at I sort of agree. I won't upload the size I normally do if I get some good quality scans with the linked booklet, because it's going to be a much bigger image. At the same time, I want any text to be very clear, so there's no squinting at pixels trying to tell the difference between a dakuten and a handakuten
Old Mar 5, 2012, 03:16 PM

by big, I mean the size you can find for some scans like 2000px in height
and by small, the width could approach the width you could find for a 2000px scan in height
just to have an idea of how the booklet looks like

theorically, if 3 "big" pages make 1800x1800, so the small scan (being the whole 3 pages) could give 1800x600 (600 being the height)