VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 23, 2008, 01:08 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default Artist Page Edits are Now Logged

So I've got a moderation queue set up for the edit artist pages. This means that all edits from today onward are now logged. You can view the history (if you are logged in) by clicking on the little arrow graphic next to "Edited by" down at the bottom of the artist page. Of course, they are all empty right now except the ones I was playing with.

Right now the queue's scope is limited to field edits on the artist pages. A seperate queue is coming later for website links. Also, I'll have to think about where to put portrait uploading.

Public editing of the artist pages is coming soon. First, I'd like to make sure that all of our edits are appearing properly in the queue, so I'll be observing that for a while. Additionally, we'll have to create a new panel for staff to accept and reject the artist edits. So for now, I'd like staff and trusted editors to continue editing artists and examining the edit histories as you do.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 01:55 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Artist assignments and linking for albums is still not logged...correct?
Old Aug 24, 2008, 02:06 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Currently only the user/time information for their creation and latest modification are logged (in the entry itself, rather than a separate log table).
Old Aug 24, 2008, 05:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I should probably clear up some confusion. All edits have been "logged" from day 1, in that we've recorded what was edited, who edited it, time of edit, etc. The moderation queue goes a step further and saves the full-text original and modified contents for each field that was edited. This is necessary for both public edits, and the edit history pages.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:54 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Public editing of the artist pages is almost ready. There are just a few more things I'd like to hammer out. I'll repost them here:

Quote:
It would be nice to have a notes field, in parallel to the one on the Album pages. I know we put a lot of general info in the discussion, but there are undoubtedly some things that we'd like to condense out of that and display on the artist pages.

Also, we haven't talked much about the biography field. I'd like to open this up as well, but since the discographies are the main focus of the artist pages, I'm thinking that we should limit the bios to something short, probably a paragraph tops summarizing the artist. It'd probably be ideal if these were all original too, instead of lifted from some other site.
Also, I can't remember where on the board it was mentioned, but portrait images for groups now show up on the artist page just like for single artists.