VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 10, 2016, 05:11 AM
Trusted Editor

As I cannot PM submitter (his mailbox is full), let me explain here the edits.

First, we have a radio drama to introduce Iczelion story arc. Iczer 1 and Iczer 3 characters are also part of the cast.

3 CDs are released to cover the full story and a soundtrack soon afterwards. Nothing unusual here.

Later, an OVA project is started. They changed quite a lot of story plot, remove Iczer 1 and Iczer 3 and go idol nonsense with 3 other Iczelion (Black, Gold and Silver).

The reason is quite unknown but they kept all of the drama BGM for the OVA OST; maybe not enough money, Kawai or Yano too busy, etc....

So this is quite uncommon but this OVA OST and the drama OST have almost the same material in common.

There would be only one CD, I'd agree with "Category: Animation, Radio/Drama" and OVA as "Products represented" but there are 2 CDs so I keep the split as it is commonly used/advertised over the net.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:56 AM

same exact thing with this http://vgmdb.net/album/49165
The ova got out a month later.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:59 PM

Written in the notes is that the Yano's tracks are on another drama cd, but there is no drama on the one he refers to.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by universalgenius12 View Post
Written in the notes is that the Yano's tracks are on another drama cd, but there is no drama on the one he refers to.
Radio Drama SOUNDTRACK.
https://vgmdb.net/album/53915

NOT the drama cds.