VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 8, 2018, 04:55 PM
Trusted Editor

Changed release date, added product link. From here: https://twitter.com/arkhemina_mina/s...05754230800385 and https://digital-sonic-design.jp/?p=9961
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:32 PM
VGMdb Administrator

We're not 100% consistent on that, but we do usually keep the general release date on the album instead of the pre-release one. For example ARKHEMINA was also pre-released at M3.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 01:18 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
We're not 100% consistent on that, but we do usually keep the general release date on the album instead of the pre-release one. For example ARKHEMINA was also pre-released at M3.
Hmm, actually it looks like that album has the M3 date printed on the back instead of the general release date.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 01:22 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Hmm, actually it looks like that album has the M3 date printed on the back instead of the general release date.
That's the case for almost all albums pre-released at events though. Key does that too: https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=141438

As I said we're not 100% consistent, but I do remember seeing most albums using the general release date when available.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 01:30 AM
VGMdb Staff

I use the printed date when available. I'd guess the reason we aren't consistent about it is because the labels themselves aren't consistent about it. I've seen some that print the pre-release date and others that print the general release date.

In this case it seems likely that they will print the pre-release date.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 04:22 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Policy is that the printed date trumps everything, so if that's pre-release then we go with pre-release: https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4827 (posts #19 & #20)
Old Mar 10, 2018, 06:27 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Policy is that the printed date trumps everything, so if that's pre-release then we go with pre-release: https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4827 (posts #19 & #20)
Thanks for linking that, good to know we actually have a policy. I should remember a few of the ones where I saw the general release date used so I'll update them.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 06:30 PM

hallelujah!!!
I completely gave up on a soundtrack release!
Old May 10, 2018, 05:17 PM
Trusted Editor

- Added track times
- Added preliminary English tracklist. I'm not familiar with this series so there are probably some nuances I'm missing.

- D1M03 -- I never really liked the translations "Offense and Defense" for 攻防, maybe "Tides of War" or "Tides of Battle" is better?
- D1M07 -- 幻の花 is some flower one of the characters is after in episode 3, one of the few episode blurbs I could find. Not sure if this has a name in the show.
- D1M13 -- I'm assuming とほほ。is a mimetic word, per jisho.
- D1M01, D1M26, D2M04, D2M21 -- All relate to darkness in some way but all are iffy
-- D1M01 闇が満ちる刻 -- I loosely translated as "A Dark Moment" (could also be a "A Dark Time"), not really sure how to fit the "満ちる" (full) into it
-- D1M26 闇に堕ちる刻 -- Loosely translated as "Fell Into Darkness", not really sure how to fit the "刻" (time, moment) into it
-- D2M04 闇の淵より -- "Out of the Depths of Darkness" is probably the most accurate, no real issues.
-- D2M21 暗澹冥濛 -- basically all 4 kanji mean darkness, so I don't know if it's trying to emphasize that it's very very dark, but I just left it as "Darkness"

- D2M11 -- よーいドン! as "Ready, Set, Go!" instead of "Ready, Go!" which is what Jisho has.
- D2M14 -- Not sure what they are running through in the show so I used Wilderness instead of Wasteland etc.
- D2M17 -- I'm assuming this is something in the show that may need clarification
- D2M25 -- 世界を創り賜うた存在 loosely translated as "Life Bestowed Upon the World", if that's wrong let me know.

*edit* 5/11, fixed tracklist. Accidentally gave D2 27 tracks from bad copy/paste.

Last edited by dancey; May 11, 2018 at 06:33 AM.