VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 6, 2018, 06:20 AM
VGMdb Staff

Where does arrangement credits come from?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 09:15 PM
VGMdb Advisor

well, not from the liner notes.

I didn't add comp/arrange in the notes. But I think the idea here is that comp/arr are equivalent, except in the case of track 18. In that case, the original composition is Takai, but we know that Saegusa handled every vocal from the 1980 anime (from end credits of show and other soundtracks).

Because no separate arranger field is ever specified, but we also know that Saegusa reworked Takai's work, it's sort of a "process of elimination" for tr18.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:56 PM
Trusted Editor

I guess arranger info was taken from anison database.

Anyway, it's safe to add Shigeaki Saegusa as arranger for tracks 12 to 18 as these 7 songs are from 1980 LP release where credits can be found.

Also, can romanize credits here same way as the LP for Atlas Teranishi and Shigeo Niwa.

About Atlas Teranishi, I just discovered that it is in fact Kyosuke Himuro of rock band BOØWY behind this alias.

Himuro's real name is Osamu Teranishi [寺西修]. A name he used in his first band, Death Penalty (デスペナルティ) from 1978 to 1979. Then changed to Shuichi Teranishi [寺西修一] for his second band, Spinach Power (スピニッヂ・パワー), that's from 1980 to 1981. Then changed again in 1982 for Kyosuke Himuro, named after a manga character from "Waru" by Hisao Maki.

As M4 is Atlas image song, he went for an alias mixing both: Atlas Teranishi.