VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 27, 2009, 05:02 AM

Default Possble FFX unreleased music?

Hi all

Sorry, quite new to these forums but I thought this might be the best place to ask for help with identifying some songs?

http://uploading.com/files/MUA71JQ0/1.mp3.html
http://uploading.com/files/Z361LZS2/2.mp3.html

I was looking through an old backup CD full of bits from when I was in school (about 8/9 years ago..!), when I re-discovered these. One sounds a lot like it's a battle theme from a final fantasy game, though it isn't (to my knowledge) and the other one is very similar to the final boss theme from Final Fantasy X, but is really different towards the end. Could they be remixes, or perhaps unreleased clips?

(edit - listening again, the first one sounds like it has the battle transition sound and effects from Final Fantasy VIII?)

Last edited by Artimecion; Jul 27, 2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 05:38 AM

I even don't download either of the tracks (as the host is incredibly slow) but based on your description I'm pretty sure the first one is the famous fake battle theme of FFX that was released in 2ch a decade ago, and assume the second one is the fan arrangement of FFX's last battle theme (IIRC, the author later became a professional composer).

Last edited by Cedille; Jul 27, 2009 at 05:43 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 06:50 AM

Ah cool, thanks =)
Old Jul 27, 2009, 08:24 AM

I've never heard either of them but they sound like random fan/doujin arranges to me, rather than hidden unreleased songs.

The first one has the standard FFIV/V/VI/IX battle theme bassline with FFVIII sound effects but the main song itself, I don't recognise. Probably just an experiment.

The second one (To Zanarkand/Decisive Battle/Song of Prayer) sounds like an average fan arrange.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:54 PM

!!!!!

I've been looking for that last battle remix for months (lost it in a hard drive corruption), and thought I'd never find it again. Unlike layzee, I think it's way more than average - certainly a lot better than I'm used to in random Japanese VGM remixes, which far too often can sound like a very poor MIDI remastering (just like a lot of American remixes fall to the prey of being bad rock covers/techno interpretations). The simple but brilliant integration of "To Zanarkand" alone puts it above a lot of video game composers in terms of clever theme reuse. Thank you for posting it.

Cedille, if you remember who the arranger is, please tell us!

I also remember when that fake last battle theme hit, right down to the sound effects.....ah, back in the day before we could extract audio files directly from the game before most people even have the game. I kind of miss those days of mystery. I think there was a fake FFIX battle theme before it was released, too.

Anyone remember the "Sky Theme" supposedly from Final Fantasy X? It's really from a Korean band, but it's pretty much impossible to get the straight story of how it's connected to Final Fantasy X (I'm pretty sure it isn't, of course, but....)
Old May 9, 2011, 07:38 PM
Trusted Editor

I've got some unreleased FFX songs on my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xT7kTM9tbw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8g5I_Q7CGs
Old May 10, 2011, 12:07 AM

those two songs, along with Wakka's Theme, were not used ingame (I think) but were accessible via a jukebox in the game somewhere, or something like that (haven't played myself.) the information that i have is:

Unknown 1 is "Illusion" by Junya Nakano.
Unknown 2 is "Nostalgia" by Masashi Hamauzu.

if anyone more familiar with FFX can confirm that would be awesome. they are both lovely songs :>
Old May 10, 2011, 02:45 PM

Right, you never hear them used in-game outside of the jukebox. I wonder what they would have been used for?
Old May 10, 2011, 05:30 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
those two songs, along with Wakka's Theme, were not used ingame (I think) but were accessible via a jukebox in the game somewhere, or something like that (haven't played myself.) the information that i have is:

Unknown 1 is "Illusion" by Junya Nakano.
Unknown 2 is "Nostalgia" by Masashi Hamauzu.

if anyone more familiar with FFX can confirm that would be awesome. they are both lovely songs :>
Oh really? Haha thanks, I wanted to know their names.

Anyway, where was the jukebox? I beat FFX and don't remember this. Was it in a inn?
Old May 10, 2011, 05:51 PM

There's a theatre or something in Luca--when you enter it you can watch the game's CG scenes and listen to the soundtrack. Just walk around the outside of the city, you'll run into it eventually.