VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Organization Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 30, 2010, 01:51 PM

@shinji_hosoe: A sound track of prismatic solid is released in August.We classify the sale to foreign countries into the field of vision now.

This, if I understand it correctly, might be the best thing that has ever happened ever. Ever.

EVER.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 06:53 AM

Does that quote mean their soundtracks will be available via CD Japan or Play-Asia? Or something more favorable for oversea fans?

They seem to plan to release Namiki's earlier works such as Thunder Dragon 2 and Zed Blade (aka Operation Ragnarok).
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
Does that quote mean their soundtracks will be available via CD Japan or Play-Asia? Or something more favorable for oversea fans?

They seem to plan to release Namiki's earlier works such as Thunder Dragon 2 and Zed Blade (aka Operation Ragnarok).
Think it means something good for overseas.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:

!!!

Good lord, who do I have to kill for that to become reality?
Please, please, please, please...

(Really, they should release more earlier works ala EarlyCollection, of Hosoe, Saso, etc. as well)

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 07:43 AM

This article reveals the upcoming Discovery series released within this year.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/066/G006693/20100910002/

3. Blazeon
4. Last Bible III
5. Another Bible
6. Trauma Center: Under the Knife
7. Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
8. Shin Megami Tensei: NINE
9. Shin Megami Tensei if...
10. Princess Crown

Maybe Thunder Dragon 2 and Zed Blade are delayed until 2011 since they dedicate all the efforts to Atlus, but I'm happy to see Trauma Center 2 coming.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
This article reveals the upcoming Discovery series released within this year.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/066/G006693/20100910002/

3. Blazeon
4. Last Bible III
5. Another Bible
6. Trauma Center: Under the Knife
7. Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
8. Shin Megami Tensei: NINE
9. Shin Megami Tensei if...
10. Princess Crown

Maybe Thunder Dragon 2 and Zed Blade are delayed until 2011 since they dedicate all the efforts to Atlus, but I'm happy to see Trauma Center 2 coming.
That's quite the series. Definitely getting all of those. Thanks for the info Cedille!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 01:26 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Yay, complete if... and NINE? Please! And Zed Blade too. Too bad they aren't publishing Trauma Center 1 Wii (at least for now).

EDIT:
for later reference, according to 2ch
SREX-0002: RIDGE RACER 6 direct audio ~extra disc~
SREX-0004: Technictix-Remix-remix disc

So: SREX-0007 ??? (CM77?)

Last edited by Dag; May 8, 2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 07:42 AM

Supersweep has a bandcamp page dedicated to releases that feature the SamplingMasters alias. Only 3 albums so far, but I imagine more will be released in the future:

http://samplingmasters.bandcamp.com/
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:07 PM

Holy sh@t! R: RACING EVOLUTION OST announced!
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...19_654106.html
Old Feb 4, 2015, 04:32 PM

It's obvious that the actual CD release dates are different from when they posted. When I went to Kinokuniya to special order the SuperSweep CD's, they said it's delayed from the original date.

IE:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2+ : Release date - June 28, 2013 (Actual date:July 26, 2013)
Progear no Arashi Music and Art Collection - Feb 28, 2014 (Actual date:March 29, 2014)
Shinji Hosoe Works Vol. 4 F/A remix - Jan 30, 2015 (Actual date:Feb 27, 2015)
Old Feb 20, 2015, 03:30 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
So: SREX-0007 ??? (CM77?)
Apparently this is the DVD included with the Tekken 6 limited edition soundtrack.

Likewise, the other SREX hole, SREX-0012, is the Toaplan Shooting Chronicle DVD.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalex2014 View Post
It's obvious that the actual CD release dates are different from when they posted. When I went to Kinokuniya to special order the SuperSweep CD's, they said it's delayed from the original date.

IE:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2+ : Release date - June 28, 2013 (Actual date:July 26, 2013)
Progear no Arashi Music and Art Collection - Feb 28, 2014 (Actual date:March 29, 2014)
Shinji Hosoe Works Vol. 4 F/A remix - Jan 30, 2015 (Actual date:Feb 27, 2015)
The first date is when it is available directly through Supersweep's store via Pre-sale (order must be placed before that date). The second date is when it is available to general retailers. In all of their emails to me regarding CD releases, they always include this, which includes mention of presales in certain stores/events:

※一部イベント・店舗において先行発売が予定されている
タイトルと なります。ご了承いただけますようお願い致します。

Regarding F/A Remix, I know people in Japan (who are not in the industry) who already have the album because they order it through Supersweep's store before the pre-sale date.

CHz, since the pre-sale date for Mamotte Knight Vol. 1 is Feb. 27 on their store website (or Feb. 22 via the event pre-sale), shouldn't one of those be the official release date (rather than the general retailer date of March 27?)

Last edited by Don; Feb 20, 2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 08:52 AM

I always considered the street date as the only valid date, because mainly available for everyone
and by street date, I mean you walk the streets and go to a real shop, not via internet

Last edited by Phonograph; Feb 20, 2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:00 PM

Maybe we need another field for the paper release date then. =P
Old Feb 20, 2015, 03:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

SuperSweep prints the general release date on their albums, so I'd go with that and treat what they do through their web shop as a presale period. Generally, the printed date wins.

Lemme ping Secret to see if he wants to weigh in though.

Last edited by CHz; Feb 20, 2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
SuperSweep prints the general release date on their albums, so I'd go with that and treat what they do through their web shop as a presale period. Generally, the printed date wins.

Lemme ping Secret to see if he wants to weigh in though.
Makes sense. I never really looked at the dates printed on the obi, etc. Let me know the final result, but going forward, I'll make sure that when I create a new album page (if someone doesn't beat me to it), that I'll use the general release date and put in the notes the pre-sale release date on Supersweep's store.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 03:00 PM
VGMdb Administrator

So I meant to answer this earlier, but got sidetracked for several days.

I think that CHz's proposal is probably the best choice for this. Namely, use the general release date for the album's release date. The only thing I'd add is to list the other dates in the notes.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

SuperSweep finally launched their home page and they have dedicated pages for every game they've worked on, which is kind of neat.

For obvious reasons I'm not going to go through every single page, but a few things of note:
Old May 9, 2015, 09:38 PM

Nice, I've been waiting this for years.

Love those profile pics
Old May 10, 2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
This was revealed roughly a year ago by Eiichiro Yanagi on his Tumblr (http://yanagingar.tumblr.com/post/86871174315), who, by the way, I believe *is* Takahide Murayama.

... Damn, it's been a year since Ishibashi passed away... Rest in peace, Ishibashi.

Last edited by 《J》; May 10, 2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old May 13, 2016, 07:27 AM

How can I add info on the Tekken 7 Extra Disc, SREX-0023? THX!
Old May 13, 2016, 12:15 PM

What type of info are you trying to add? If it's in the notes section, you would choose Edit Album Info. Same goes for adding composers, etc.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 07:50 AM

Currently limited selection with plans to expand in the future, but Supersweep has an English shop site now:

http://www.vgmonline.net/sweep-recor...ational-sales/
https://sweeprecord.ocnk.net/
Old Mar 16, 2023, 02:28 PM

Don't feel like making a new thread for this, but there's been some recent composer confirmations for some of the Super Dragon Ball Z soundtrack.

Yasuhisa Watanabe (per Twitter):
Source: https://twitter.com/Feldherrn/status...04563618070528
  • Kami's Lookout
  • Kami's Lookout (Ground Level)
  • Eastern Capital (Daytime)
  • Eastern Capital (Evening)
  • Wasteland (Daytime)

Shinji Hosoe (per Peing):
Source: https://peing.net/ja/q/39b0ef0a-dece...7-154f0afe84f5
  • Select your Character
  • Observe the landscape
  • Wasteland (Night)
  • Enma's Palace (Above)
  • Enma's Palace (Below)
  • Ending Theme
  • Other jingles

Masashi Yano (per Hosoe on Twitter):
Source: https://twitter.com/shinji_hosoe/sta...18163738963968
  • Cell Ring

Takayuki Aihara (per his old website):
Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20130926.../sb.cgi?cid=45
  • One song (arrangement of a song from the anime, but was replaced in the localized version with a soundalike)

Unfortunately this probably won't see an OST release anytime soon, same with the other licensed anime games that SuperSweep worked on in the mid 2000s. That being said, I do have my guesses about who did the remaining tracks, and it's unfortunate that one of those composers (Wataru Ishibashi) isn't here with us anymore to directly confirm with, though I suspect Menu, Z Survivor, and Training Arena to be his works.

Last edited by fusoxide; Jan 29, 2024 at 12:50 PM. Reason: All of the ones that Hosoe said are "maybe" his tracks are indeed by him, despite my skepticism lol
Old Mar 21, 2023, 04:58 PM

The JP opening is a remix of CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA, that's the only thing that fits the bill. As far as I know, it's not reused from something else...

Guesswork on SuperSweep contributions can be difficult, but Ishibashi's tracks do stand out, so I agree with you. Not much to add, since I had never heard that OST before today. Any kind of OST release would be great, Dragon Ball games aren't lucky in that regard though.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 08:07 AM

Hosoe and Saso's styles can overlap a lot in particular, especially given how closely they have worked with for over 30 years, but I think both of them do have their own specific musical traits. While some of these I'm not 100% sure of, some of these I'm quite certain about, such as King Kai's Planet (Yasui's melodic style is iconic, but not so much his trance style).

As for the Japanese opening, that seems to have been done by the infamous Kenji Yamamoto. The English version of the game also credits a composer called Matt Cheney for its opening theme. So I guess neither of Aihara's tracks were used?

My current guesses for what it's worth (not including confirmed stuff):
Ishibashi: (listed above) Menu, Z Survivor (overall structure, chord changes and arpeggios scream Ishibashi), Training Arena, World Tournament
Yasui: King Kai's Planet (done in his "retro arcade" style i.e Mamorukun Curse), Dragon Finish - Aggressive Enemy, Select Your Character (might be Yano, but reminds me of Yasui's Carnage Heart Portable tracks)
Hosoe: Wasteland (Night), Emma's Palace (Above), Emma's Palace (Below), most/all of the jingles?
Saso: Observe the landscape (funky), Cell Incoming!, Cell's Death (fusion-y lead is common in her tracks), Continue, Game Over
Saitoh: Namek (don't know his style as well, but seems to use breakbeats often?), Namek's Destruction
Yano: Staff Roll (piano and dreamy feel)
Watanabe: Victory! (sounds like XV-5080, which he used a lot. At least his other tracks are confirmed)

Last edited by fusoxide; Mar 22, 2023 at 10:13 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 06:36 AM

You're right, I've opened my big mouth without looking at the actual credits x( wouldn't Hosoe notify Aihara that his song is unused ? He talks as if the song can be played in the japanese game, or... is the song in this trailer actually in the game ? I don't recognize it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meIqdHCmnwc

I agree with Saitoh, I put down the same thing, if that makes you confident (it probably shouldn't knowing me). I'm glad you shared your insight, it's the best we can do for now.
Old May 11, 2023, 08:18 AM

Current thoughts:
  • I'm pretty sure Dragon Finish - Aggressive Enemy is the track Takayuki Aihara did. Apparently it's only in the NTSC/PAL version, which lines up with what Aihara said.
  • Despite my previous guess, I don't think Ishibashi did World Tournament anymore. Maybe Saso? It seems he was brought in to do some of the new tracks for the PS2 port (the 3 tracks presumed to be his are PS2-exclusive). He left Falcom in 2005, and the original game came out in 2005 (PS2 port was 2006), so it very well could've been in development while he was still at Falcom. Saso is more likely; it reminds me of her Street Fighter EX2 work.

Here's hoping we get to see an OST release someday. Wonder if the tracks have any real titles.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusoxide View Post
Shinji Hosoe (though he doesn't seem 100% confident about these, and neither am I):
Source: https://peing.net/ja/q/39b0ef0a-dece...7-154f0afe84f5
  • Select your Character [sounds more like Yousuke Yasui or Masashi Yano to me]
  • Observe the landscape [maybe Saso?]
  • Wasteland (Night) [would agree]
  • Enma's Palace (Above) [ditto]
  • Enma's Palace (Below) [ditto]
  • Ending Theme [again, sounds more like Yano]
  • Other jingles [would agree too]
Update on these: I spoke to Hosoe and he properly confirmed that the tracks I was less sure (Observe the Landscape + Ending) on are indeed his compositions, so maybe I overthought things lol. He is willing to put together a full breakdown at some point (and he wants to do proper research, not just guessing), but said he is pretty busy at the moment and so are the other composers involved.

Over half of the OST appears to have been disambiguated at this point. Asides from that I think I'm 99% sure regarding who did the remaining tracks:

(maybe the unused track was also meant to be the other track to replace one of the two anime arrangements? not exactly sure about their specific usages in-game)

One more thing I will add - Yasui's work list mentions this for SDBZ:
Quote:
PS2/AC 超ドラゴンボールZ [BGM,A]
The "A" likely means arrangement (other games on the list mark this with "Arr") - so it's possible he could have done one of the two tracks that were arranged from the anime and replaced in the Western version, with Aihara arranging and re-composing the other one which may be the unused one mentioned above.

Last edited by fusoxide; Jan 29, 2024 at 08:50 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 08:47 AM

Was able to find four tracks from the Kekkaishi DS games (I think both have roughly the same music?) that Yasui confirmed composing:
Interesting stuff, seems a lot of tracks in the game are very much inspired by a variety of specific 80s/90s arcade OSTs, and overall it feels similar to his later OSTs like Mamorukun Curse! and Eschatos. Saso and Taniguchi are also credited as composers; while I won't list a breakdown on guesses for now (and honestly don't know Taniguchi's style as well right now), I feel about 80-85% of it is Yasui.

Last edited by fusoxide; Feb 18, 2024 at 11:14 AM.