VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:23 PM
VGMdb Staff

Toshiba EMI needs to be unlinked as the publisher from this entry and Original Soundtrack 3.

Should be EMI Music Japan.

Last edited by cal; Jan 27, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:06 PM

Is "A Cloud on the Slope" an official translation? The original novel was localized under the name of "Clouds above the Hill".
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:59 PM
VGMdb Staff

I can't find anything indicating that it is. Probably best to use the international translation.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:01 PM
Trusted Editor

I think it could be Clouds Over the Hill, too
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:05 AM
Trusted Editor

IMDB has the series internationalized as "Clouds Over the Hill" so I changed them all:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0991330/
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Saka_no_Ue_no_Kumo
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:28 PM

I know we've not hardened up our policy, but the way we mostly do is to use a romaji title (Saka no Ue no Kumo, in this case) as display and a localized one as alternative title. The origin of the latter is sometime not clear and the title itself is not so consistent. If nobody objects, I'll swap titles.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 05:09 AM
Trusted Editor

These are not Radio/Drama albums, they're for a Television show.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 05:30 AM

I also rather be much comfortable to see TV shows as likes of Films, but we've been actually using the "Radio/Drama" category for TV drama shows as well.

http://vgmdb.net/album/13336
http://vgmdb.net/album/24877

Which means, when a TV drama is filmized, it's categorized as Works (no category). If a better categorization is available then, I'd go with that anyway.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 05:50 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
... but we've been actually using the "Radio/Drama" category for TV drama shows as well.
We know that doesn't really mean anything.

I do not understand the reason to use "Radio/Drama" for a TV show. It makes zero sense in any context. You could say that "Drama" is being used loosely for the genre of the television show, but that's a very very very loose context. And if you're using it that way it makes even less sense because now you have a classification that is literally two classifications in one entry. It would be tantamount to having a classification of "Anime/Game". They are two very, very different things.

If you want to get technical, Radio/Drama as a single entry classification should and should only ever mean a Radio or Drama publication, aka spoken word / dialogue. Yes, a TV show could theoretically classify as that but we're not classifying the TV show, we're classifying the album, which contains music.

The best solution here is to not use any classification until a proper one exists, whether it's "Television" or "Movie" or something else altogether.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 06:13 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I wasn't aware we were using Radio/Drama for TV dramas (though I may have mistakenly entered or approved some that were.) I think the "Drama" in that classification stands for internet audio dramas. I guess we only have that category because there are so many radio/internet drama spinoffs of game and anime series, since it's not really Visual Arts.

So I think TV dramas and Film dramas should probably fall under "no classification", just like TV comedies or action movies would. There's been some talk about wanting to cover Tokusatsu here, but I don't know. We have enough growing pains from expanding to cover anime right now.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:05 AM

I think we have so many of categorized TV drama albums that I initially believed it should be Works but ultimately had to start thinking it was me who was apparently wrong. And to be honest, I never saw even albums that got moderated for several fields re-categorized from Radio/Drama to Works....
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:24 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't think there's a large number of these, and I may have already fixed most of them.