VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:55 AM

Saori Kobayashi(小林早織):TRACK 2~13.15.16.18

Mariko Nanba (南波真理子):TRACK 1.14.17

http://www2.jasrac.or.jp/eJwid/

Last edited by flybefly; Feb 16, 2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:56 PM

Good work flybefly. I had a feeling Nanba composed Ecce Valde Generous Ale.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Good work flybefly. I had a feeling Nanba composed Ecce Valde Generous Ale.
thank you

but I can not find coposer about Azel ~ Panzer Dragoon RPG ~ Memorial Album

except track in the Panzer Dragoon RPG AZEL
Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:54 PM

I think there's an error in the breakdown, or perhaps your reporting of it. Track 17 is credited to Nanba; however, track 3 is credited to Kobayashi. Track 17 "The Black Fleet" is an arrangement of track 3 "Noble Rebel Army". In this case, Kobayashi would be the composer. The only way Nanba's name could be credited is if she were the arranger.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
I think there's an error in the breakdown, or perhaps your reporting of it. Track 17 is credited to Nanba; however, track 3 is credited to Kobayashi. Track 17 "The Black Fleet" is an arrangement of track 3 "Noble Rebel Army". In this case, Kobayashi would be the composer. The only way Nanba's name could be credited is if she were the arranger.
I've seen the same thing happen in the Sonic Adventure OST (http://vgmdb.net/album/1643) (another MJCA album)

For that album, the following tracks have obvious composition similarities (much like the case with "The Noble Rebel Army" and "The Black Fleet" here) but are still credited to different people. They include:

-Mt Red: a Symbol of Thrill (Music & Arrangement: Kenichi Tokoi) & Red Hot Skull (Music & Arrangement: Jun Senoue)

-Tricky Maze (Music & Arrangement: Fumie Kumatani) & Leading Lights (Music & Arrangement: Kenichi Tokoi)

-Theme of "E-102γ" (Music & Arrangement: Fumie Kumatani) & Event: Unbound (Music & Arrangement: Kenichi Tokoi)

-Bad Taste Aquarium (Music & Arrangement: Jun Senoue) & Red Barrage Area (Music & Arrangement: Kenichi Tokoi)

-Mechanical Resonance (Music & Arrangement: Kenichi Tokoi) & Crank the Heat Up!! (Music & Arrangement: Jun Senoue)

So yes, Black Fleet is clearly an arrangement of Noble Rebel Army. The way Marvelous Entertainment credited these games in that period of time just makes it look like each artist did more than they actually did, since adding more to the original composition apparently overwrote the original composer in the process.