VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 13, 2013, 01:19 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Default Profile picture navigation through arrow keys not working

I'm not sure if I'm just doing it wrong, or if it's actually a bug, but I'm going to guess it's the latter. Anyway, navigating through uploaded artist profile images through the keyboard arrows doesn't seem to work. I've tried different browsers, too, not working - the preview frame just closes down. And of course, I'm sure there are actually more than one picture on the profiles I'm trying it on.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 01:28 PM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah, I can confirm that, noticed a long time ago, but thought - oh well... I actually like when there's more than one picture, rare cases but still...

Same inability happens for logos on product pages, I do use that too when uploading both English and Japanese logos for certain products.

Last edited by Efendija; Jun 13, 2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old May 13, 2014, 06:13 AM
VGMdb Staff

inb4 resurrection
So this still can't be fixed? Uploading multiple images for artst/product pages loses the point if the user can't see them... unless you open up edit page, in that case you'll see if there are other images. For products it's even more pointless because the edit page can be accessed only by trusted editors and above...
Old May 13, 2014, 06:56 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Funny, looks like navigating them with the keyboard works on the edit page at least.
Old May 13, 2014, 07:11 AM
VGMdb Staff

It did work on the edit page before too. When you don't need it. Except the zoom. You need the zoom
And that's if you're a registered user, pure visitors can't try the edit (artist) page of course. Even then it's a bit too much to expect from a simple user who just wants to get the info, it's like we're missing an instruction "to view other images, become a registered user and open up edit page but don't edit anything 'cause you're there only to see the pics lolz"

Seriously though, it should work on the common normal view page and maybe another line of text should be there informing the visitor "there is one more image available" or so, like below that text "Submitted by blah blah".