VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:33 AM
VGMdb Advisor

hey, anyone know the street value of this item as of late?

I only ask because I found mine recently after it having disappeared from my collection for a looong time.

I'm not *planning* on selling it, but depending on how Fiscal Year 2012 runs, it might become an option.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:47 AM

I'm not sure how much this helps, but maybe it's something to start on. These shops on YJA seem to be selling this new (actually, it looks like the same shop twice but...)

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/s248372824 (¥3360)
http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c307335398 (¥3058)

Maybe that's a little strange because this is out of print in other shops, so maybe they don't really have it in stock? That seems weird for a YJA listing though.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:03 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Those do seem like weird YJA listings to me too.

Anyone seen an eBay auction of this one lately?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
Those do seem like weird YJA listings to me too.

Anyone seen an eBay auction of this one lately?
No, but it's selling brand new for about $55 on eBay and only for $40 at otaku.com, so I wouldn't expect your copy to go much over that.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:24 PM

Yeah, I just nabbed this sealed for around that price. I have to admit I'm kind of surprised by that considering it's age (almost 10 yrs) but at least I was able to add it to my collection.

I had heard the album years ago but after hearing it in game (I just played the game for the first time last month) it made a much larger statement. Not saying you can't appreciate it outside the scope of the game, but it really helped me for some reason - especially with the boss and Phazon Mines themes.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 06:29 AM

... ... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. . . . .

Last edited by Guitarist500; Aug 24, 2016 at 12:35 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 07:57 AM

Location: Deciding whether to do Secret of Mana or Wild Arms for my next album

Just snagged a couple of these “sealed and new”, considering their age, wondering if they are legit...are they officially still running reprints?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 08:07 AM

Nah, this soundtrack has just been in print that long and for whatever reason there's still plenty of stock left. I guess they overestimated how many would sell or something. I bought mine new from Amazon a couple years ago. Kirby 64, Smash 64, and Megami Tensei I & II are/were also like this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 08:10 AM

Location: Deciding whether to do Secret of Mana or Wild Arms for my next album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
Nah, this soundtrack has just been in print that long and for whatever reason there's still plenty of stock left. I guess they overestimated how many would sell or something. I bought mine new from Amazon a couple years ago. Kirby 64, Smash 64, and Megami Tensei I & II are/were also like this.
Now if only they would do Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes. Ugh....
Old Jan 21, 2021, 08:09 PM

How do they get away with calling a game Metroid Fusion and not giving it the sickest of jams.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 02:02 PM

The Nintendo Switch remaster has localized names for the tracks but it's not 1:1 to the official release, should we update the tracklist to reflect that?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextramatsu View Post
The Nintendo Switch remaster has localized names for the tracks but it's not 1:1 to the official release, should we update the tracklist to reflect that?
Worst comes to worst, you can at least post them in this thread; I'm kind of interested in seeing the names myself. Is the music player open from the get go in the game or do you have to unlock it?

Also, can anyone confirm, did they address the issue with VS. Flaahgra in the remaster? Didn't only the first part of the track play in certain versions of the game? I have the remaster but I haven't gotten to it since I wanted to get to Octopath II first since it was a new experience for me having played Prime on the cube.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans II View Post
Worst comes to worst, you can at least post them in this thread; I'm kind of interested in seeing the names myself. Is the music player open from the get go in the game or do you have to unlock it?

Also, can anyone confirm, did they address the issue with VS. Flaahgra in the remaster? Didn't only the first part of the track play in certain versions of the game? I have the remaster but I haven't gotten to it since I wanted to get to Octopath II first since it was a new experience for me having played Prime on the cube.
It's unlocked right away, but the tracks themselves are progress-based, so I still don't have a complete tracklist yet. I'm dying to see what they localized "Tallon Overworld" as
Old Mar 9, 2023, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans II View Post
I've watched some gameplay and it plays the entire song properly, unlike the original North American GameCube release which cut the loop at around the 35 second mark.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 07:35 AM

As someone who doesn't have Metroid Prime Remastered yet, would anyone be willing to list the track titles from the sound test here please?
Old Mar 10, 2023, 09:50 AM

Here you go:

Code:
Metroid Prime Titles
Samus Arrives
Pirate Frigate
Parasite Queen
Tallon Overworld
Tallon Overworld Revisited
Chozo Ruins
Chozo Ruins Depths
Hive Mecha Battle
Flaahgra
Battle 1
Magmoor Caverns
Magmoor Caverns Entrance
Phendrana Drifts
Phendrana Secrets
Phendrana Battle
Thardus
Crashed Ship
Space Pirates
Phazon Mines
Battle 2
Omega Pirate
Chozo Shrine
Meta Ridley
Metroid Prime Battle
Metroid Prime (Core) Battle
Credits
Victory
Samus Appears
Courtesy of this video.
They look a bit rushed and roughly a third is missing compared to the album. But it's better than nothing!
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:17 PM

After playing the remaster of Resident Evil (aka Rebirth), ICO and Shadow of the Colossus on PS3, I wonder if this game's original GameCube release is also much better than said remaster.

Yeah I know I'm that old grumpy guy. I don't like remasters, no matter how many extras they throw at me. Licking up the resolution and cleaning the textures means nothing to me.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 05:44 AM

For purists, it's always original hardware over remaster. I see remasters more as a way to preserve the games for younger generations since they don't have access to the older hardware.

Metroid Prime Remastered goes above and beyond what a "normal" remaster would do. They didn't just bump up the texture and rendering resolution but have an entirely new lighting engine, adjusted models and so much more. Yet there's certain things missing which the GameCube release had (such as Samus reflected in the Chozo Ruins mirror, the Fusion Suit).

I wonder if the music was improved quality-wise in the remaster?
Old Mar 11, 2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zierts View Post
I wonder if the music was improved quality-wise in the remaster?
I was wondering if they fixed the problem with the first boss theme in the game. Didn't some versions just keep repeating the same part over and over instead of playing the whole track?
Old Mar 12, 2023, 05:45 AM

Looks like they went back to their archives and upped the music's sampling rate to 48 kHz for the remaster. The boss track you mentioned is the extended version but then again I think that was the case for all versions but the first US release on GameCube.

Edit: It's pretty telling how much praise the remastered music gets when you compare it to remasters with re-arranged music or releases where the music's even just implied to be redone.

Last edited by zierts; Mar 13, 2023 at 09:09 AM.