VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 17, 2014, 07:32 AM

Just a heads up to say there seems to be one or two pages missing between the Booklet 04 and Booklet 05 scans. (Unless they actually forgot to print credits and comments for tracks 23 to 38 of disc 1?)
Old Sep 10, 2020, 10:23 AM

Yeah they HAVE to be missing. This also happened to the DMC1 OST. Can someone help out and upload the missing pages of the booklet?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 05:53 PM

Added official English tracklist from the Steam release: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...al_Soundtrack/
Old Jan 26, 2021, 01:17 AM

Out of the recent official translations for the DMC soundtracks this one was probably the one I was most intrigued to see. The DMC3 soundtrack is somewhat difficult to translate when compared to the others as many of the titles were fairly lengthy and some of them sounded strange when translated literally. Some of the official translations seem to be a little loose, but that's probably for the best. There's only a small handful of translations that I really disagree with, those being 1.26, 3.01 & 3.11.

1.26: The in-game map lists both "Central Temen-ni-gru" ("テメンニグル~中層部~") & "Upper Temen-ni-gru" ("テメンニグル~上層部~") and both of these areas feature the same BGM, thus I'm pretty confident that "テメンニグル中上層部" was meant to be read as "Temen-ni-gru Central & Upper Levels" as opposed to "Temen-ni-gru Mid-Upper Levels." The way the latter is written makes it sound as though it's referring to the mid section of the upper levels as opposed to both the mid and upper levels.

3:01: I think that "魔剣スパーダを抜くアーカム" being translated as "Arkham Unsheathes Sparda" might just be the result of a lack of context. Literally it would translate to "Arkham Pulls Out the Devil Sword Sparda" and "unsheathing" would be synonymous with pulling a sword out, if it was referring to pulling a sword from it's sheath or scabbard, but that isn't actually the case in the scene which this title is referring to. In the scene in question Arkham is removing Sparda/Force Edge from the ground and to my knowledge that wouldn't be a proper way to use the term unless it was meant to be in a poetic sense like when Juliet refers to herself as being the sheath for Romeo's dagger before stabbing herself with it, but I don't get the impression that's what they were going for.

3.11: This is another one where I think there was just a lack of context as "乱入" can be translated as "Invasion," but "Intrusion" is a much more fitting translation given the context.
The title is referring to the scene where Vergil interrupts the battle between Dante and Arkham before joining in himself, this hardly constitutes as an invasion, but an intrusion would still be an accurate way to describe it.

Other than those my only critiques are fairly minor, I think it's weird that they cut out part of the titles for 1.15, 1.26 & 2.05.
Maybe they thought it be redundant since the acquired weapons bear the same names as the defeated bosses, but they could have just listed the weapons like "- Ice chucks/Nunchaku/Sanchaku" / "- Fire & Wind Swords" / "- Lightning Blade."

Personally I probably would have based the titles used for 3.22-27 on the ones used in-game ("Crazy Gameplay Video," "Loop Demo Video," "Motion Capture Video," "Video Storyboard," "Promotional Video") seeing as they wern't doing 1-1 translations anyway.

I'm also kind of surprised that they didn't give a real title to 1.11 ("ミッション3ステージ") for the English tracklist.
I always thought it was strange that it was the only stage theme that didn't list a specific location instead just being "Mission 3 Stage." Especially seeing as there was a name for the Mission 3 area on the in-game map, that being "Residential Area" ("市街地.")