VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 10, 2014, 03:32 AM

Two important points:

· Looks like Kamicha left the jdk Band for real. His absence from both the Sen no Kiseki SAV album and Ao no Kiseki Evolution already confirmed this, but still, too bad. :-/

· Only two composers: the veterans Hayato Sonoda (1997~Present) and Takahiro Unisuga (2005~Present) - the staff roll doesn't mention Saki Momiyama anywhere. Did... did she leave the Sound Team jdk?!

Last edited by 《J》; Oct 10, 2014 at 04:14 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 09:08 AM

Also seems to confirm that Kamikura's days working with Falcom are also at an end. Wonder what he's up to now.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 09:45 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Also seems to confirm that Kamikura's days working with Falcom are also at an end. Wonder what he's up to now.
This bums me out fer real. He did amazing work with Falcom.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
...But that's exactly what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
This bums me out for real. He did amazing work with Falcom.
He ruined Intense Chase in Zero Evo, and that's all that matters to me.

(His jazzy arrangements for the Zanmai albums were fantastic though (except for LoH I's Field - didn't care for that one), and at least the Evolution arrange of Arrest The Criminal arrange was pretty damn good. I just wished he joined to the sound team - he's way to talented to just perform/arrange!)

I'm honestly way more worried about Momiyama - I don't know of any other ex-Sound Team jdk members who have gone on to become successful in their own right except for Koshiro, Shirakawa and Takeshita. Loved pretty much everything she composed for the Nayuta no Kiseki's soundtrack.

Last edited by 《J》; Nov 3, 2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 03:24 AM

Added in the English tracks as listed on Esterior.net but made a mistake when adding in the tracks especially with the first disc as I accidentally listed 29 tracks when the first disc actually has 28 tracks so can someone correct my error? Thanks

On the subject of there being no Kamikura, as sad as it is not seeing him active with Falcom or the jdk BAND this year, I have a theory that maybe he's taking a year off and will come back in 2015 for more work with them. I'm not saying my theory is correct but it's just a random thought I had
Old Oct 17, 2014, 03:43 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcustherocker View Post
Added in the English tracks as listed on Esterior.net but made a mistake when adding in the tracks especially with the first disc as I accidentally listed 29 tracks when the first disc actually has 28 tracks so can someone correct my error? Thanks
When that happens, you have to resubmit the tracklist since tracks can't be added/removed from existing ones, and rename the old one to Delete or something so it will be deleted by a trusted editor/staff.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
When that happens, you have to resubmit the tracklist since tracks can't be added/removed from existing ones, and rename the old one to Delete or something so it will be deleted by a trusted editor/staff.
Thanks for the info
Old Nov 3, 2014, 05:48 AM

I got confirmation from Kamikura that he decided to leave the JDK band after last year's winter concert. He also decided to take a break from working with Falcom as well - hence his lack of credits in recent soundtracks. He wouldn't mind working with them again, but of course, that's up to Falcom.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
I got confirmation from Kamikura that he decided to leave the JDK band after last year's winter concert. He also decided to take a break from working with Falcom as well - hence his lack of credits in recent soundtracks. He wouldn't mind working with them again, but of course, that's up to Falcom.
Well that was something I was not expecting to hear. It is sad though that he's not with them anymore but I guess that's his choice and I have respect for him and his choice as I really liked the music he composed for Falcom and all I can do is hope that one day he will return
Old Nov 3, 2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Well that was something I was not expecting to hear. It is sad though that he's not with them anymore but I guess that's his choice and I have respect for him and his choice as I really liked the music he composed for Falcom and all I can do is hope that one day he will return
Kamikura has never scored anything for Falcom and never was part of Falcom's Sound Team jdk either, though. He's just a freelance artist who provied a handful of arrangements for Falcom and performed Falcom music as a member of the jdk Band.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 《J》 View Post
Kamikura has never scored anything for Falcom and never was part of Falcom's Sound Team jdk either, though. He's just a freelance artist who provided a handful of arrangements for Falcom and performed Falcom music as a member of the jdk Band.
Ah I see now
Old Nov 14, 2014, 05:40 AM

Edited the album info with all the credits as listed in the MASTER version of the Sen II OST which was released today in Japan although for some reason Masaru Teramae is not listed in the MASTER versions booklet but he is listed in the games credits but I listed his name anyway so maybe the official OST will list him and the tracks he played on when it comes out later this month
Old Nov 14, 2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Arrangement: Yukihiro Jindo (D2-11, D2-15), Toshiharu Okajima (D1-2, D1-14)
So the rest are all original sound versions? Awesome!

Also! - I like how you can hear several versions of the 3rd's "The Final Choice" in Sen II. It's pretty damn great.

Last edited by 《J》; Nov 14, 2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
So the rest are all original sound versions? Awesome!
I presume so but let's wait and see what the original soundtrack lists in it's credits when it comes out in a couple of weeks time
Old Nov 23, 2014, 08:47 AM

Already entered all this people into both the performer field and the notes, which leads me into...

Quote:
Edited the album info with all the credits as listed in the MASTER version of the Sen II OST which was released today in Japan although for some reason Masaru Teramae is not listed in the MASTER versions booklet but he is listed in the games credits but I listed his name anyway so maybe the official OST will list him and the tracks he played on when it comes out later this month
He's credited in-game because the exact same version of "Exceed!" from the previous game is present in Sen no Kiseki II as well (there's about 100 tracks inside the game from both Sen no Kiseki I and II, not just Sen II stuff). He shouldn't be listed if he wasn't involved with the music on this album.

Same with Ayako Shibazaki not being listed - she's credited in-game because she provided the English translation of track 6 from this album (which plays in-game).
Old Nov 23, 2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:

Already entered all this people into both the performer field and the notes, which leads me into...

He's credited in-game because the exact same version of "Exceed!" from the previous game is present in Sen no Kiseki II as well (there's about 100 tracks inside the game from both Sen no Kiseki I and II, not just Sen II stuff). He shouldn't be listed if he wasn't involved with the music on this album.

Same with Ayako Shibazaki not being listed - she's credited in-game because she provided the English translation of track 6 from this album (which plays in-game).
Ah I see. Thanks for the information