VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:04 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I noticed a weird thing in the ending credits of this DVD. In the tracks from Psycho Horror Night concert, there is a horn player named Nozomi Ohashi, same name of the this girl from Ponyo. According to the credits transcribed by dancey, the same name appears in the Psycho Horror Night album (both are recordings of the same concert). It seems a mistake.

I’ve tried to pay attention to the horns section in the video. Besides Ohashi, are credited Shiro Ide, Yuta Ono and Yuka Takeuchi (I couldn't find a picture and a kanji name of her). Probably the uncredited horn player is Marie Fujita (she is a member of New Japan Philharmonic) if you compare the last picture with the profile photo. Take a look:

Last edited by Revoc; Feb 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:00 AM
Trusted Editor

I can check the booklets if I can find them when I get home (I'm at work), but any of the Hisaishi albums that have detailed transcriptions like this are probably because the insert was already in English. I haven't done any detailed performer transcription/translation/radical lookup for anything other than the Yamato Box or what I consider major artist fields (composer/arranger/lyrics/vocal).

Seems a strange error to make if it's a printing error, considering that Ponyo wasn't even out for another 2 years?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:19 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks, dancey. Yeah, it's really strange... I couldn't find a horn player with this name Nozomi Ohashi. Also, I've found a possible mistake in the credits of the video: the harp player Yuko Yamaguchi is also credit for piano & celesta. In the Psycho Horror album, Ryuta Suzuki is credited for the piano & celesta performer according to your transcription (I think this is the correct).

Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:33 AM
Trusted Editor

For some reason I thought this was a cd but it's not. I didn't transcribe these notes but I know I did Psycho Night Horror. This also isn't listed in my collection but I'm fairly certain I bought it. I don't think there's a Hisaishi release in the last 8 years that I haven't bought. I'll double check when I get home!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:50 PM
Trusted Editor

Definitely written that way. It is weird.

Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:58 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks for the confirmation, dancey. At least the credits from this booklet confirm that Ryuta Suzuki played piano & celesta in the Psycho Night Horror concert.
Old May 7, 2019, 01:39 PM
Trusted Editor

Updated the tracklist, M5, M6, M7 are incorrectly labeled on both the back of the case and in the inserts. Updated to the order presented via DVD chapters and playback order.

Incorrect order:

M5 The Windmills of Your Mind
M6 Raging Men
M7 HANA-BI

Correct order:

M5 Raging Men
M6 HANA-BI
M7 The Windmills of Your Mind