VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:31 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Although "宫胁拓也" can be read as Takuya Miyawaki, I couldn't find any source confirming that this is the name of the composer. I checked the credits of Rockman X7, but all names are similar of the american version.

In fact, I suppose that name is a pseudonym of someone. I always suspected of composers credited in only a few games... Shuichi Mizohata is another very obscure composer related with Mega Man X series.

Last edited by Revoc; Feb 15, 2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
Although "宫胁拓也" can be read as Takuya Miyawaki, I couldn't find any source confirming that this is the name of the composer. I checked the credits of Rockman X7, but all names are similar of the american version.

In fact, I suppose that name is a pseudonym of someone. I always suspected of composers credited in only a few games... Shuichi Mizohata is another very obscure composer related with Mega Man X series.
I added myself the kanji after having seeing it on the credits of Rockman 4 Complete Works (where Takuya worked as a remixer) and it looked the same for my eyes as the kanji I posted here (what I have found some time ago) ... but since I'm not able to record the ending, I can't provide a screenshot to have a full acurrate kanji, at least not right now.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:44 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks for clarifying. I also couldn't find any video of Rockman 4 Complete Works credits to confirm exactly. Anyway, I've added the hiragana reading.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I also couldn't find any video of Rockman 4 Complete Works credits to confirm exactly. Anyway, I've added the hiragana reading.
Here is a screenshot:

I took it with an old DVD Recorder that amazingly still works, but sorry for the quality.

In the screenshot appears three names: Takuya Miyawaki (With a kanji that looks like the one I provided), Naoto Tanaka & Toshio Kajino (with an alternate writting if I'm not wrong)
Old Feb 16, 2010, 05:37 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Very good, Kadai! Thanks for the screenshot. 梶野トシオ is indeed Toshio Kajino.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:29 PM

I don't know if it helps, but Masato Kouda was credited for the arrangements of Diveman and Pharoahman (and Stone Man in the case of Rockman 5 CW) on the Power Fighters OST. I don't think those pre-made tracks are included in the credits; I'm just puttin' it out there.

Also, (from the Mega Man Network)
Rockman 5 CW: Masahito Nishio, Takuya Miyawaki, Naoto Tanaka, Toshio Kajino
Rockman 6 CW: Naoto Tanaka, Toshio Kajino
(sorry, no screenshots)

Since Setsuo Yamamoto and Hideki Okugawa do not appear to be credited in Rockman 4 CW for Get a Weapon from The Power Battle or Rockman 5 CW for their respective Napalmman and Gyroman arrangements from Power Battle and Power Fighters (or Yuko Takehara in 6 CW for Stage Select from Power Fighters), Masato Kouda would only be cleared from suspicion if all he did for CW 4 & 5 were the above tracks (and anything else originally from The Power Fighters). If not, he could potentially be Toshio Kajino, if nothing else, so long as he arranged at least one non-PB/PF track in each of the three CW titles, especially 6.

...Yeah, I just went on a major tangent. Sorry. But then again, there's this Masahito fellow...

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Feb 17, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 06:18 PM

Man, nobody has any idea what happened to this guy, huh? All I can find online is a dancer by the same name.
Kamisaka has a Twitter and everything, but Miyawaki? Nothing. Absolutely bizarre, unless it was a pseudonym all along and he works somewhere under a different name now.
His tracks are the highlight of X5's OST for me, I'd love to hear more of his work.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertDankMemeHere View Post
Man, nobody has any idea what happened to this guy, huh? All I can find online is a dancer by the same name.
Kamisaka has a Twitter and everything, but Miyawaki? Nothing. Absolutely bizarre, unless it was a pseudonym all along and he works somewhere under a different name now.
His tracks are the highlight of X5's OST for me, I'd love to hear more of his work.
What tracks do you think he did?