VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:06 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

It's such a pain to find informations on this game.. thanks to the short name "RED"..

I could not confirm, but my searches leaded me to a company named "Discovery", and the game might be on PC-98.
( and not by Birdie Software on MSX-2 like we can find it on square enix music online)

Maybe i am wrong and my many different tries leaded me on the wrong places.. (jap page with some infos here)

Thanks to anyone that can provide infos.

Last edited by Myrkul; Jul 6, 2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:50 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yep, that's the right game. RED by Discovery, published for the PC-98 in 1992.

Game box with the same art as this album: http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/155005162001.html

Some screenshots: http://mercenaryforce.web.fc2.com/pc...c98/01653.html

I'm not positive, but I believe "THE ADVENTUROUS SEQUENCE" might be a subtitle for the album, not the game. I'm basing that on it not appearing in any image on the two sites I linked.

Also, someone uploaded some photos of the album to Amazon.co.jp: http://www.amazon.co.jp/レッド/dp/B000UV9NGQ. You can see the obi, disc, and a few pages from the booklet.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 03:27 AM

changed titles based on scans (esp. obi) from amazon link
Old Aug 23, 2013, 05:18 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Wish I knew Japanese and had a PC-98 handy. I'd love to play games like these regularly.

Also, oldschool Tenpei Sato. <3
Old Aug 23, 2013, 07:10 AM
Trusted Editor

Uploaded complete scans. These games do have a certain charme and I bet some really entertaining stories compared to what you get nowadays. RED is one of the most intriguing for me along with DE-JA II.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 01:39 PM

As mentioned previously, the subtitle "The Adventurous Sequence" is only used for the soundtrack album. While the game itself only ever uses the name RED, the PC98 game package does have the subtitle of "The Graphic Adventure with 3-D Blast Battle" on the front cover.

By the way, I figured out recently that this game was also ported to MS-DOS in China in 1992. The title for that one is 紅色誘惑, which seems to translate to Red Temptation, but again, in the game itself it's just RED. What's different about this Chinese release is that it came on a CD-ROM instead of floppy disks. I don't know more than that, since I only got access to the game rip which is missing music completely. My guess is that the music was in redbook audio format.