VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 7, 2013, 04:34 PM

The best source I could find that this soundtrack came as an online promotional: http://isims.biz/fi/wp-content/uploa...houseparty.jpg

Edit: Ah, here we go: http://web.archive.org/web/200106072...ite/index.html

Last edited by Fatbag; Apr 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 06:42 AM

I would really, really like to buy this physical cd someday!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 06:28 PM

Wow, I didn't know it came with a case and artwork!! I got mine on ebay and it was the CD only.

Are you the one that added the case scans today?

Edit: oh, okay, Edit -> Manage Albums tells you who uploaded the scans. So it was you. So you own the case but not the CD, and I own the CD but not the case. It feels uncomfortable like this. :P avatar's selling a copy at the moment though, so there's less pressure for me to sell mine. I bought the Babbage's / Software Etc. soundtrack CD from him. If he still has the case and artwork, maybe he can sell you the CD and sell me the artwork.

Last edited by Fatbag; Jun 4, 2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 08:01 AM

Nono, I've just found that cd on ebay and ordered it. With a case.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/The-Sims-...p2047675.l2557

It's a rare coincidence. I've just came to the complete Sims collection, liked the disco tracks, and thought about getting this rarest collectible item for my huge collection of rare soundtracks... And then boom - it's on ebay for $5. I told the seller that it could cost more than $100, but he was ok to sell it for $5. Wow!

Now I wanna know what's the difference between the 16-tracks and 17-tracks original Sims soundtrack cd.

Btw, did you know that Jerry Martin has uploaded his build4 and build5 theme in mp3-320? I've checked the spectrums - they're fine. I've uploaded it here: ftp.valet2.com/sims
Old Jun 6, 2014, 08:13 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

It seems like a different print.
The disc on ebay is a bit different (there's no "Base on game rated teen by the ersb" at the bottom - see old disc scan)

So this means the old Disc was case-free, while this new one came with a case.
Could be worth of a child album, picture is blurry but i can't see a catalog number on the new disc.

Last edited by Myrkul; Jun 6, 2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:31 PM

Yeah, it's a different print... Hmm, I hope it's legit. I'll ask the seller where did he get his cd.

Could you upload a scan of the inner ring of your cd?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 03:47 PM

Mine resembles the scan we have on VGMdb. The front of my disc shows the "Based on game rated "TEEN" by ESRB" text on the bottom and shows the catalog number 4006507 over on the right. It also has a deeper, darker blue for both the "The Sims House Party" text and the dancing Sims compared to the one you just ordered (the blue on mine matches the blue on The Sims 897607, but unlike 897607, my House Party Mix has a white background while 897607 has a reflective background). The matrix says "SONOPRESS USA 4006507 + + A7847-01". The master number is IFPI L028, and the mould number is IFPI 1028.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 04:27 PM

Well, I've received the House Party Mix cd. It's a factory-pressed disc, with factory-printed inlays. I've ripped it with eac, there were no errors, but the cd is neither in the accurate-rip database nor in cddb, looks like it's really-really rare. The spectrums are all fine too.

I have no time to listen to these tracks, scan and upload the pictures and information here, but I will try to do it on Saturday. Could anyone create another page for this release, since it's a different print?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 04:46 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Done, unless the contents is different, that case version is a child version.