VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 17, 2019, 01:26 PM

Default Sample/Vst from Danganronpa and production music library

Hi, I need to know the name of this percussion sample from the game "Danganronpa", It's an Indian-style percussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T048Hz17DbY

This other is from "Amusicom Production Music", I think it's a vst instrument with some percussion sample
https://amusicom.com/43.album
Track 1 (Web Of Clues) at 00:10, smooth percussion with electronic hi-hats

thanks, i need your answers.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 07:20 AM

Portal
  • "OHH" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Classical Choir" was used in "4000 Degrees Kelvin"
  • "VIBRATO 2" from "Best Service Peter Siedlaczek's Classical Choir" was used in "4000 Degrees Kelvin"

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • "SOP X2-+ AS" from "Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices" was used in "Jabun"
  • "TENOR P A" from "Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices" was used in "Jabun"
  • "TENOR OCTAVE BS" from "Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices" was used in "Jabun"
  • "TWO BOYS A" from "Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices" was used in "The Fairy Queen"
  • "LC AHS F-A" from "Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices" was used in "Epilogue"
  • "XV Strings" from "Roland XV-5080" was used in "Ending"

Kingdom Hearts
  • "JC-STRAT MF A" from" Spectrasonics Hans Zimmer Guitars Vol.1" was used in "Bustin' Up On The Beach"

Last edited by Skull; Aug 12, 2019 at 08:38 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:43 AM

Can somebody tell me where you can find this iconic vinyl/scratch/needle drop sample?
https://youtu.be/npuuTBlEb1U
(around 01:03)
Old Jun 26, 2019, 09:18 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Spyro: Year of the Dragon
  • "TITANIUM 160: 160-6" from "Big Fish Audio: Things that Go Bump in the Night" was used in "Buzz's Dungeon"
  • "TITANIUM 160: 160-13" from "Big Fish Audio: Things that Go Bump in the Night" was used in "Buzz's Dungeon" (1:08)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:02 AM

Location: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnP5ESqmGQKE_yiaMgMLMDw?view_as=subscriber

edit: moved account

Last edited by JadeUndead; Aug 26, 2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 04:24 AM

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
  • "Ethnosphere" from "Native Instruments Absynth" was used in "Shadow Queen Battle - Part 2"
  • "No Sync" from "Native Instruments Absynth" was used in "Rogueport"
  • "Filter Rhythm" from "Native Instruments Absynth" was used in "Doopliss Battle"
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:30 AM

Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
  • "DIEL HIT" from "Rarefactions A Poke In The Ear With A Sharp Stick" was used in "Teensie Highway"
  • "FOURSKINS102" from "AMG Loop Soup" was used in "Teensie Highway"

Last edited by Skull; Sep 22, 2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull View Post
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
  • "DIEL HIT" from "Rarefactions A Poke In The Ear With A Sharp Stick" was used in "Teensie Highway"
  • "FOURSKINS102" from "AMG Loop Soup" was used in "Teensie Highway"
SKUULLL. Any luck finding or have an idea to where the deep jungle drum loop could be from Kingdom Hearts 1?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peronmls View Post
SKUULLL. Any luck finding or have an idea to where the deep jungle drum loop could be from Kingdom Hearts 1?
Nothing yet. My best bet at the moment would be Percussive Adventures but i'm still on the hunt!
Old Nov 8, 2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull View Post
Nothing yet. My best bet at the moment would be Percussive Adventures but i'm still on the hunt!
I have both physical copies of that library series. I recognize nothing. DX
Old Nov 9, 2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peronmls View Post
I have both physical copies of that library series. I recognize nothing. DX
Oh, well i thought. So we can rule this one out.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:05 PM

So i analyzed the sample right from the game's files and i recognized some stomping sounds from Heart of Africa, so it could potentially be from a Spectrasonics libraries.

My highest guess at the moment would be Supreme Beats.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 08:31 AM

I listened to heart of africa many years ago but only for other sounds so it might be there. Ill take a look with ya too.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 03:48 AM

Ridge Racer
  • "COMEON6" from "Best Service: Voice Spectral" was used in 03 "Rare hero(Sanodigy mix)"
  • "VIVA" from "Best Service: Voice Spectral" was used in 06 "Speedster(I Like A.T mix)"
  • "Track 22" (sample 9) from "Zero-G Datafile One" was used in 06 "Speedster(I Like A.T mix)"
  • "I_1234" from "Best Service: Voice Spectral" was used in 06 "Speedster(I Like A.T mix)"
  • "STOP" from "Best Service: Voice Spectral" was used in 06 "Speedster(I Like A.T mix)"
  • "CHECKIT2" from "Best Service: Voice Spectral" was used in 06 "Speedster(I Like A.T mix)"

Point Blank
  • "BAMBDU" from "Best Service: Voice Spectral" was used in 08 "Pleasure Palace Part7 (3 o'clock Cuckoo Clock Version)"

CROSSNIQ+
  • "Track 23" (sample 6) from "Zero-G Datafile One" was used in 05 "CONFLIQ"
  • "Track 22" (sample 9) from "Zero-G Datafile One" was used in 05 "CONFLIQ"

Some non-VGM stuff by VGM composers for anyone who cares:

Oriental Magnetic Yellow - Sonic Skate Surveyor
  • "FOREIGN" from "Best Service: Voice Spectral" was used in 03 "Punishment" (although heavily processed)
  • "G" from "Best Service: Voice Spectral" was used in 05 "Gaia Termination"
  • "A" from "Best Service: Voice Spectral" was used in 05 "Gaia Termination"
  • "I" from "Best Service: Voice Spectral" was used in 05 "Gaia Termination"

Sampling Masters - Never Float
  • "Track 23" (sample 6) from "Zero-G Datafile One" was used in 02 "Sludge Water"

Last edited by drdevilfx; Dec 2, 2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 01:25 PM

I took a listen to Heart of Africa 1 and 2. Recognize nothing.

Stormdrum also uses a few hits for Sacred Moon. "Violence 2.7" "Dragon Beat 2.13" in the multisample Kompakt version.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 02:34 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I recently spotted the drumloop from U.B. from Parasite Eve in Born Slippy by Underworld. I wonder if this is a common drumloop or if Yoko Shimomura may have actually sampled Underworld. Anyway, wanted to share it for posterity's sake.

Last edited by Nisto; Jan 7, 2020 at 08:19 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
I recently spotted the drumloop from U.B. from Parasite Eve in Born Slippy by Underworld. I wonder if this is a common drumloop or if Yoko Shimomura may have actually sampled Underworld. Anyway, wanted to share it for posterity's sake.
That's pretty interesting. I watched Titanic recently and recognized a sample used in Resident Evil 3. You can hear it in The City Without Hope (RE3) and here's the original (Titanic).
Old Feb 18, 2020, 06:12 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Wow, that's a really good find, Starlight! Samples used in early Resident Evil titles are so hard to find. I seem to recall Saori Maeda mentioning having "limited material" or something along those lines in an interview, so maybe they actually did have to resort to sampling from other media.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 09:18 PM

Cyber Doll
  • "Track 76" from "Best Service Voice Spectral" was used in the battle theme vs. the queen (2:05 to 2:30) - Easily recognized as the same chant sample as in the version 1.0/1.1 Fire Temple theme from Ocarina of Time.

Last edited by Aifread; Feb 18, 2020 at 09:24 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
Wow, that's a really good find, Starlight! Samples used in early Resident Evil titles are so hard to find. I seem to recall Saori Maeda mentioning having "limited material" or something along those lines in an interview, so maybe they actually did have to resort to sampling from other media.
I think they also used Sound Ideas libraries for some music tracks. I remember hearing one or two samples from Series 4000.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:09 PM

I need help with this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKwbptphnVU

there are some plucked-instrument loops in it , and i have no clue where they could be, they can also be heard at this song just that slowed down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFpWyQiq5Qg
so if anybody has any clue from where they could be i would be so goddamn happy, i know for a fact RA is used,since the strings in this tracks are the ME Str Sect. but theres no other isntrument in there that i have recognized. also there are several percussion loops in all the songs (you can hear the loop cut sometimes) so again,if anybody has any clue,it would be very helpful.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 09:26 AM

Since a new Half-Life game was recently released and because I'm slightly mad, I have decided to properly document all the samples I have found for the Half-Life series soundtrack over the course of a long time, including samples used for sound effects. Some of these findings come from the "Samples Used in the Half-Life Soundtrack" videos, but otherwise I just found them here and there. There's rather a lot, so apologies for the big post:

Half-Life
  • “Track 7” (Sample 2) from “East West Symphonic Adventures” was used in “Adrenaline Horror”
  • “Track 28” from “East West Symphonic Adventures” was used in “Adrenaline Horror”
  • “Track 33” (Sample 1) from “East West Symphonic Adventures” was used in “Adrenaline Horror”
  • “Deep Guts 84” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Unhinged” was used in “Alien Shock”
  • “07_03_05” from “Zero-G Dream Zone” was used in “Space Ocean”
  • “07_31_03” from “Zero-G Dream Zone” was used in “Space Ocean”
  • “07_33_03” from “Zero-G Dream Zone” was used in “Space Ocean”
  • “07_38_02” from “Zero-G Dream Zone” was used in “Space Ocean”
  • “07_38_03” from “Zero-G Dream Zone” was used in “Space Ocean”
  • “07_38_04” from “Zero-G Dream Zone” was used in “Space Ocean”
  • “Beat 27 16-01” from “Sounds Good - Methods of Mayhem” was used in “Hard Technology Rock”
  • “Trippy Seq. 3 (120bpm)” from “Zero-G Trance Formation” was used in “Credits Closing Theme”
  • “Track 57” from “Zero-G Ethnic” was used in “Jungle Drums”
  • “Track 62” from “Zero-G Ethnic” was used in “Jungle Drums”
  • “Beat 17A 15-01” from “Sounds Good - Methods of Mayhem” was used in “Diabolical Adrenaline Guitar”
  • “Beat 17B 15-02” from “Sounds Good - Methods of Mayhem” was used in “Diabolical Adrenaline Guitar”
  • “Beat 19A 15-04” from “Sounds Good - Methods of Mayhem” was used in “Diabolical Adrenaline Guitar”
  • “Beat 19B 15-05” from “Sounds Good - Methods of Mayhem” was used in “Diabolical Adrenaline Guitar”
  • “Track 7” (Sample 2) from “East West Symphonic Adventures” was used in “Military Precision”
  • “Panning” from “Zero-G Dream Zone” was used in “Steam in the Pipes”
  • “Track 47” from “East West Symphonic Adventures” was used in “Nuclear Mission Jam”
  • “Track 31” from “East West Symphonic Adventures” was used in “Dark Piano Short”
  • “Track 50” (Sample 2) from “East West Symphonic Adventures” was used in “Sharp Fear Short”
  • “Track 54” (Sample 8) from “East West Symphonic Adventures” was used in “Scared Confused Short”
  • “Track 54” (Sample 9) from “East West Symphonic Adventures” was used in “Bass String”
  • “Track 54” (Sample 10) from “East West Symphonic Adventures” was used in “Apprehensive”
  • “07_09_01” from “Zero-G Dream Zone” was used in “Vague Voices”
  • “LOOP 21” from “Zero-G Fields of Motion” was used in “Hazardous Environments”
  • “Haunting” from “Zero-G Trace Formation” was used in “Cavern Ambience”
  • “Open Up” from “Zero-G Trace Formation” was used in “Cavern Ambience”
  • “62. Fight Scene3” from “Best Service - Sound Collection CD2” was used as a mortar sound effect
  • “58 Siren Air Raid” from “Best Service - Sound Collection CD2” was used in as an alarm sound effect

Half-Life 2
  • “39 Synth Atmos” (Sample 5) from “Zero-G Ambient 1” was used in “Calabi-Yau Model”
  • “38. Wooaauh” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used in “Hard Fought”
  • “68.1AMB7TH” from “Zero-G Malice in Wonderland” was probably used in “Lab Practicum”
  • “Didgerydon't” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “LG Orbifold”
  • “Slow Guitar Rising” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “LG Orbifold”
  • “Wood Vibrations” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “LG Orbifold”
  • “Squeak-D#3” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was used in “Nova Prospect”
  • “093 Distorted Trumpets-C” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was used in “Radio”
  • “Is that the Door-G#3” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was used in “Radio”
  • “57. Jungle Fire” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used in “A Red Letter Day”
  • “55. Bamboo” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used in “Sandtraps”
  • “Rusty Spoke” from “Spectrasonics - Distorted Reality” was used in “Suppression Field”
  • “24. Trumpet Hole” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used in “The Innsbruck Experiment”
  • “35. Dungeon Slow Mo Trampoline” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used in “Train Station 1”
  • “5. Balancing Act” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used in “Train Station 2”
  • “93 Metallic Moans, Reverberant, Eerie” from “Hollywood Edge - Premiere Edition” was used in “Entanglement”
  • “23. Back Bendy” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “28. Spring Fuzz” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “29. Insects In The Oven” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “39. Sea Moving” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “54. Throwing Steel” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Ambience” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “Alien Building Site” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was probably used for Citadel ambience
  • “B-Movie Drug Head-G#2” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “Insect Infestation” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “Leaving The Gas On” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “One too many” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “Overwhelming Feeling-D2” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “Physco Train” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “Space Mission-C#2” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “Strafing Sax” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “Winter Seaside Bus Shelter” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “Winter” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was used for Citadel ambience
  • “32 Computer&Random Rone FX” (Samples 1, 2 and 3) from “Zero-G Ambient 2” was used for City Scanner sounds
  • “Big Fat Bastard” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used for Gravity Gun sound effects

Half-Life 2 Episodes
  • “120.2bpm Dirty Banana” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “Disrupted Original”
  • “120.4bpm Calcium Sulphate Kit” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “Disrupted Original”
  • “Bumble Bee Hoover” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “Disrupted Original”
  • “Didgerydon't” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “Disrupted Original”
  • “Emotional Earthquake” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “Disrupted Original”
  • “Foggy Day” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “Disrupted Original”
  • “Monsters” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “Disrupted Original”
  • “Short Guitar Hero Lick 2” from “Zero-G Cuckooland Asylum” was used in “Disrupted Original”
  • “SUCKER” from “Zero-G Ambient 1 or 2” (can't recall which one) was used in “Eine Kleiner Elevatormuzik”
  • “SCIENCE DRONES - EXTREME COLD - A2” from “Sound Ideas - Drone Archaeology” was used in “Nectarium”
  • “NATURE DRONES - ROLLING THUNDER BASS - E1” from “Sound Ideas - Drone Archaeology” was used in “Nectarium”
  • “Shimmering-D#3” from “Zero-G Ghost in the Machine” was used “Nectarium”
  • “The dead and the furious” from “Big Fish Audio - Toxic Textures” was used in “What Kind Of Hospital Is This”
  • “Warheads” (assorted samples) from “Spectrasonics - Distorted Reality” were used for Citadel outside ambience
  • “Toxic Disturbance” from “Big Fish Audio - Toxic Textures” was used for Citadel portal ambience
Old Mar 29, 2020, 06:49 AM

Hello, I've taken an interest in this sort of thing as of late and I thought of sharing some I found.

1080° Silverstorm/1080° Avalanche
  • "Bad Rats" from "EastWest: Breakz From the Nu Skool" was used in "Squidd - 7 8 9"
  • "Digial II" from "EastWest: Breakz From the Nu Skool" was used in "Squidd - 7 8 9"
  • "Skool Strength II" from "EastWest: Breakz From the Nu Skool" was used in "Squidd - At The Koisk"
  • "Die Harder II" from "EastWest: Breakz From the Nu Skool" was used in "Squidd - At The Koisk"
  • "Clean Mix Scratch 17" from "Sonic Foundry: DJ Puzzle Scratch Tactics" was used in "JP - Get Off"
  • "Clean Mix Scratch 22" from "Sonic Foundry: DJ Puzzle Scratch Tactics" was used in "JP - Get Off"

At The Koisk is also the song used in the Gamecube preview disc. As for Get Off, theres a few scratch samples from Scratch Tactics chopped and thrown together in the song that make me a bit uncertain as to which ones they are exactly.

Biohazard 4 (Resident Evil 4)
  • "Fairground 2" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "A Strange Pasture"
  • "HEAVY HUM WITH METALLIC VIBRATIONS" from "Sound Ideas: Sci-Fi Series 8000" was used in "A Strange Pasture"
  • "Aunty Tonal Frequencies" from "Sonic Foundry: SPLaTTeRCeLL" was used in "Echo in the Night"
  • "Aunty Tonal Frequencies" from "Sonic Foundry: SPLaTTeRCeLL" was used in "Regenerador"

Fuzion Frenzy
  • "Track 76" (sample 1) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "Fuzion Frenzy"
  • "Track 21" (sample 5) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "Fuzion Frenzy"
  • "Track 26" (sample 1) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "Fuzion Frenzy"
  • "Track 31" (sample 4) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "Fuzion Frenzy"
  • "Track 32" (sample 8) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "Fuzion Frenzy"
  • "RAPHRASE50" from "Best Service: Hallelujah" was used in "Fuzion Frenzy"
  • "RAPHRASE10" from "Best Service: Hallelujah" was used in "Fuzion Frenzy"
  • "Riff 36 34-04" from "Sonic Foundry: Methods of Mayhem" was used in "Lullabye For Broadmore"
  • "Track 18" (sample 2) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "DumDum Boy"
  • "Track 55" (sample 1) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "DumDum Boy"
  • "Dussel 02A 35-04" from "Sonic Foundry: Methods of Mayhem" was used in "Ease Of Tommorrow"
  • "Dussel 04A 35-10" from "Sonic Foundry: Methods of Mayhem" was used in "Ease Of Tommorrow"
  • "Track 25" (sample 2) from "Zero-G: Datafile 2" was used in "Clubbed to Death"
  • "Boxed 39-04" from "Sonic Foundry: Methods of Mayhem" was used in "Rock Your World"
  • "Ear Candy 02 51-02" from "Sonic Foundry: Methods of Mayhem" was used in "Rock Your World"
  • "RAPHRASE09" from "Best Service: Hallelujah" was used in "Rock Your World"
  • "Scratch 04" from "Sonic Foundry: Mac Money Electronic Hip-Hop" was used in "Game Over"
  • "Scratch 05" from "Sonic Foundry: Mac Money Electronic Hip-Hop" was used in "Game Over"
  • "Scratch 07" from "Sonic Foundry: Mac Money Electronic Hip-Hop" was used in "Game Over"
  • "Ugly 18 22-13" from "Sonic Foundry: Methods of Mayhem" was used in "Boom"
  • "Track 60" (sample 4-6) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "Sidewinder"
  • "Track 57" (sample 13) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "Sidewinder"
  • "Track 42" (sample 3) from "Zero-G: Datafile 2" was used in "Sidewinder"
  • "Track 76" (sample 5) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "Mystery Beat"
  • "Track 76" (sample 5) from "Zero-G: Datafile 1" was used in "Rhythm"

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
  • "Track 36" (samples 1, 2, 3 and 6) from "Zero-G: Creative Essentials Vol.4 - Dance Vocals" was used in "Airship Stage"
  • "Track 08" (sample 1-3) from "Zero-G: Creative Essentials Vol.4 - Dance Vocals" was used in "River Stage"
  • "DEEP SEA HORROR" from "Zero-G: Ambient" was used as the VS Screen/hyper ambience

(Still looking for "I wanna take you for a ride")

POSTAL
  • "Fairground 2" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "Home"
  • "Bendy Man" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "The Truckstop"
  • "Stigmata" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "The Outskirts"
  • "Unearthly Visit" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "Parade of Disasters"
  • "55 KaosFX Zone 1" (sample 10) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used in "Parade of Disasters"
  • "Demon" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "The Bridge"
  • "58 KaosFX Zone 4" (sample 2) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used in "The Bridge"
  • "21 Elvis LiVE,from the Bombay Bar 'n' Grill" from "Q-Up Arts: Pandora's Toolbox" was used in "The Mines"
  • "B-Movie Drug Head" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "The Junkyard"
  • "Rain" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "The Trailer Park"
  • "Old Nick" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "The Train"
  • "57 KaosFX Zone 3" (sample 1) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used in "The Farm"
  • "32 The Low Fogs Doth March" from "Q-Up Arts: Pandora's Toolbox" was used in "The Construction Site" and as Central Park level ambience
  • "Introvert's Eyes" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "The Ghetto"
  • "20 Purgatory" from "Q-Up Arts: Pandora's Toolbox" was used in "The City"
  • "Is That The Door?" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "Central Park"
  • "03 Ambience 3" (sample 2) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used in "The Industral Complex" and as general ambience effects
  • "Bug Invasion" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "Air Force Base"
  • "Introvert's Eyes" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "The Elementary School"
  • "Crunchy 2" from "Zero-G: Unhinged" was used in "Credits"
  • "GONG BOWL ATMOS" from "Zero-G: Fields of Motion" was used in "Outro"
  • "News at Ten" from "Zero-G: Ghost In the Machine" was used as the "execute" sound effect
  • "55 KaosFX Zone 1" (sample 8) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used as the UI confirm sound
  • "Scape 03 45-03" from "Sonic Foundry: Methods of Mayhem" was used as Bridge level ambience
  • "01 Ambience 1" (sample 7) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used as general ambience effects
  • "01 Ambience 1" (sample 10) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used as general ambience effects
  • "Scape 07 45-07" from "Sonic Foundry: Methods of Mayhem" was used as general ambience effects
  • "Scape 05 45-05" from "Sonic Foundry: Methods of Mayhem" was used as Truckstop level ambience
  • "56 Kaos FX Zone 3" (sample 4) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used as Outskirts level ambience
  • "17 Eeoyee" from "Q-Up Arts: Pandora's Toolbox" was used as Parade of Disasters level ambience
  • "03 Ambience 4" (sample 3) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used as Bridge ambience effects
  • "02 Neptune Thrums his Drippy Fingers" from "Q-Up Arts: Pandora's Toolbox" was used as Mine level ambience
  • "56 Kaos FX Zone 3" (sample 5) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used as Junkyard level ambience
  • "03 Ambience 2" (sample 2) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used as Train level ambience
  • "09 Ambient FX 4" (sample 8) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used as Train level ambience

Most of the POSTAL OST samples were documented by Velvetic in his Samples Used in the Postal Soundtrack video (at least the Zero-G samples).

Siren (Forbidden Siren)
  • "Witch Doctor" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "Mana River Construction Site"
  • "Unearthly Visit" from "Zero-G: Ghost in the Machine" was used in "Inferno"

Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly
  • "12 Ambigroove 2" (sample 3) from "Sounds Good: Bill Laswell Ambient Grooves/Sample Material" was used in "Dragon Dojo"
  • "SirenSlicer" from "Spectrasonics: Metamorphosis" was used in "Rainbow Speedway"
  • "Clobber A" from "Spectrasonics: Metamorphosis" was used in "Rainbow Speedway"

Timesplitters 2
  • "FACELIFT" from "Spectrasonics: Distorted Reality" was used in "Return To Planet X"

Vib-Ribbon
  • "38 Nostalgic Vocals" (sample 1) from "Masterbits: Climax 9 RAPsody" was used in "Polaroid"
  • "20 Witness" (sample 1) from "Masterbits: Climax 9 RAPsody" was used in "Laugh And Peace"
  • "32 Male AdLib 2" (sample 7) from "Masterbits: Climax 9 RAPsody" was used in "Laugh And Peace"
  • "34 Ethnic Vocals" (sample 6) from "Masterbits: Climax 9 RAPsody" was used in "Laugh And Peace"

There's a few samples I've been meaning to find as well for TimeSplitters 1 that I know were used in other things, most likely from the same library, and I was wondering if anyone here might know what they're from?

TimeSplitters - Planet X and Resident Evil 2002 Film - Alice Kicks Ass

TimeSplitters - Spaceways and Capcom Vs. SNK - Worth of My Fist

If theres a few that sound off or ambiguous or if there's some I mislabeled lmk, few of the libraries I have listed here are broken/missing files so I had to go off of what I fixed.

BTW kudos on the Half-Life finds TechnoMysterio. I knew there were a few more samples in the OST but really all I could find were the ones used in Trainstation Part 2 and the Citadel ambience.

Last edited by RobotKabuki; Jun 30, 2020 at 10:42 AM. Reason: apparently I mislabeled my Mac Money finds for Fuzion Frenzy
Old Apr 26, 2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCloud View Post

there are some plucked-instrument loops in it , and i have no clue where they could be, they can also be heard at this song just that slowed down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFpWyQiq5Qg
so if anybody has any clue from where they could be i would be so goddamn happy, i know for a fact RA is used,since the strings in this tracks are the ME Str Sect. but theres no other isntrument in there that i have recognized. also there are several percussion loops in all the songs (you can hear the loop cut sometimes) so again,if anybody has any clue,it would be very helpful.
It's a distorted guitar being muted it sounds like too me.
Old May 4, 2020, 09:58 AM
VGMdb Advisor

FINAL FANTASY X-2
  • "FB1001_demo" from "eLAB: XTc Files of Techno" was used in 1.03 "YuRiPa Fight No.1"
  • "FB0203_swoosh" from "eLAB: XTc Files of Techno" was used in 1.03 "YuRiPa Fight No.1" (0:14)

Shadow Hearts: Covenant (Shadow Hearts II)
  • "FB3504_lop_135bpm" from "eLAB: XTc Files of Techno" was used in 1.24 "Take Off ! (Airship)"

Last edited by Nisto; May 4, 2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old May 31, 2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaoso1994 View Post
Hi, I need to know the name of this percussion sample from the game "Danganronpa", It's an Indian-style percussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T048Hz17DbY

thanks, i need your answers.
This sample has been discovered and its Lamaloo A-E from Metamorphoses by Spectrasonics
Old May 31, 2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCloud View Post

No idea where the sample would come from, but the instrument being sampled is called an "Oud" if that helps you at all.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 05:01 PM

Does anyone know where the alarm sound at 0:26 here is from? It sounds like a sample pack.

https://youtu.be/BLK6hcbddQs?t=26 (Zatsuza from DoDonPachi Dai-Fukkatsu Black Label)
Old Jun 16, 2020, 01:52 PM

Keroro Gunso
  • "GOSPEL CLAPS" [PARITION F, CD 1] from "Spectrasonics Vocal Planet" was used in "くるっと・まわって・いっかいてん"
  • "RIO MADMEN" [PARITION C, CD 5] from "Spectrasonics Vocal Planet" was used in "くるっと・まわって・いっかいてん"

Sonic X
  • "LC AHS V-A" [PARITION A, CD 1] from "Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices" was used in "Ella & Bokkun"
  • "TRANSFORM 78" [PARITION A, CD 1] from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality 2" was used in "Emeralds 1"
  • "ALIEN 1 71" [PARITION A, CD 1] from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality 2" was used in "Emeralds 2"
  • "ALIEN 2 142" [PARITION B, CD 1] from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality 2" was used in "Confusion 3"
  • "HIP NO 74" [PARITION A, CD 1] from "Spectrasonics Distorted Reality 2" was used in "Take-Off 2"

Last edited by Skull; Jun 16, 2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 08:32 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Parasite Eve
  • "PAD 01" from "Best Service: XX-Large Extreme" was used in 1.13 "Out of Phase"