VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 20, 2014, 02:23 PM
Trusted Editor

After leaving Falcom, Takahiro Tsunashima became part of Gruppo One, a game studio formed by a team of ex-Falcom staff, among them Minako Iwasaki as well.

Their final game "Kaze no Tansakusya 2 ~Shadow Kingdom~" comes with 2 soundtrack discs for Grand Slam (first part) and Shadow Kingdom (sequel)

It's likely that Takahiro Tsunashima was involved in the music, but I only found one mention of that on a Japanese board.

There's an article here http://shinjuforest.blogspot.de/2013...w-kingdom.html with pictures of the soundtrack disc. (the blue and magenta discs). Lucky enough these were for sale somewhere else so in a couple of weeks I might have more info ready.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 02:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Another ex-Falcom guy, Hirofumi Matsuoka, wrote the ending theme for Grand Slam.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 03:17 AM

Hey, that's my blog! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:05 PM

Oh boy, I just noticed this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teioh View Post
After leaving Falcom, Takahiro Tsunashima became part of Gruppo One, a game studio formed by a team of ex-Falcom staff, among them Minako Iwasaki as well.

Their final game "Kaze no Tansakusya 2 ~Shadow Kingdom~" comes with 2 soundtrack discs for Grand Slam (first part) and Shadow Kingdom (sequel)

It's likely that Takahiro Tsunashima was involved in the music, but I only found one mention of that on a Japanese board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Another ex-Falcom guy, Hirofumi Matsuoka, wrote the ending theme for Grand Slam.
Iiiiiiiinteresting. :O

Here's my little contribution to the topic - even though Tsunashima left Falcom's sound team somewhere around 1995, he didn't leave Falcom until a few years later. This is all I've been able to gather:

Quote:
· Ys V: Kefin, Lost Kingdom of Sand (1995) - Sound Program
· The Legend of Heroes IV: A Tear of Vermillion (1996) - Sound Program
· Lord Monarch Original (1996) - Program
· Brandish VT (1996) - Sound Programming
· Sorcerian Forever (1997) - Play Testing
· Shin Eiyuu Densetsu (i.e. enhanced Windows port of LoH I. I refuse to call it "New The Legend of Heroes" like some sites do :v) (1997) - Program
· Mona² (Monarch Monarch) (1998) - Program
And just because - list of songs he composed for "Ys IV":

Linked the J.D.K. Special version of each song, since that's the closest thing to the original score (and therefore Tsunashima's vision).

*Surprisingly, the J.D.K. Special version of this one sounds kinda weak. :c

Last edited by 《J》; Nov 11, 2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:26 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
Hey, that's my blog! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know
Hey that's cool, nice discovery. Do you own the games? I'm wondering if the game discs perhaps include some avi or mpg video with the game credits / staff.

Anyways, I added the soundtrack discs and it sounds a lot like what Sound Team JDK did on PC98. I just can't find any confirmation whatsoever that the (sole) composer is Takahiro Tsunashima :-(
Old Dec 4, 2014, 03:12 AM

Here you go -

Old Jul 27, 2015, 03:22 PM

Does anyone have a translation of the above image?

As for Gruppo One, you can listen to what I am assuming are the better tracks from Grand Slam, Eternal Flame and Shadow Kindgom here:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/21566070

Lots of the songs have a Brandish 3 feel to them.

Hirofumi Matsuoka was involved with the first game (Grand Slam), and I personally believe this one is his (an ending song): http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm12486640

I don't think we'll ever know a composer breakdown for sure unless someone asks them. I've been worried about Hirofumi Matsueka lately since he discovered he had cancer and a few months left according to his blog. As for Takahiro Tsunashima, he disappeared and I have no idea whether he is still alive or out there somewhere. Maybe the only way now is for someone to study what has been revealed about all the Sound Team jdk members of the mid 90's (along with their post-Falcom work) and try to understand their individual styles. That's what I have been doing at least.

and a big thanks to >>j<< for what he has revealed.

Last edited by Spirit_Chaser; Jul 27, 2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 《J》 View Post
Oh boy, I just noticed this thread.

Iiiiiiiinteresting. :O

Here's my little contribution to the topic - even though Tsunashima left Falcom's sound team somewhere around 1995, he didn't leave Falcom until a few years later. This is all I've been able to gather:

And just because - list of songs he composed for "Ys IV":

Linked the J.D.K. Special version of each song, since that's the closest thing to the original score (and therefore Tsunashima's vision).

*Surprisingly, the J.D.K. Special version of this one sounds kinda weak. :c
With the recent composer credits, I've been wondering what's the last game Tsunashima composed for. One track was revealed to be his from LoH IV, so it's possible he may have continued to compose after that.