VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 2, 2019, 05:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Default Not receiving email notification for new private messages

In late May, I noticed that someone sent me a private message, but the forum software did not send me a notification via email as it normally would. I checked my spam folder in my email address but nothing from VGMdb.net was there. Is there a problem with VGMdb's email system (either the forum software or the hosting service's mail server)?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 08:52 AM
Trusted Editor

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I received a PM from layzee but never received an email notification and didn't know until I checked the site.

I also notified blah on Discord in late February about email notifications for new posts on threads you're subscribed to being significantly delayed. That was more sporadic but also email related.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 04:20 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
The same thing happened to me yesterday. I received a PM from layzee but never received an email notification and didn't know until I checked the site.

I also notified blah on Discord in late February about email notifications for new posts on threads you're subscribed to being significantly delayed. That was more sporadic but also email related.
Ok, good to know it isn't just me seeing this. Did Blah do anything about the problem in February or are you still having problems with new post notifications?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 05:08 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Sorry about this, we spiked over the Mailgun limit and instead of throttling they disabled sending mail entirely. It's running again after manually flipping the switch.