VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 25, 2016, 02:04 PM

Source on this? Not finding anything from SEM or otherwise.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 02:13 PM

tsutaya has it for example
Old Dec 25, 2016, 03:43 PM

Oh neat! Thank you!

I wonder if it'll house any of the previously released piano arrangements from the limited OST (which are pretty good) or if it's all new stuff. I could really go for a Piano Collections arrangement of NOCTIS without the syrupy strings.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 02:43 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Official page is up with tracklist: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/ff15/piano/

Sample: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/s.../piano_bgm.mp3

Last edited by Illidan; Dec 26, 2016 at 02:47 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 02:56 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerG View Post
Oh neat! Thank you!

I wonder if it'll house any of the previously released piano arrangements from the limited OST (which are pretty good) or if it's all new stuff. I could really go for a Piano Collections arrangement of NOCTIS without the syrupy strings.
Somnus, Valse di Fantastica and Veiled in Black are from that piano album, the rest is new.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 11:17 AM

Neat. Aside from "Starlit Waltz" that's a pretty good tracklisting. That Valse arrangement is killer too, so happy to have it repeated here.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 06:47 AM

Shame the whole of it isn't included, especially considering the likely run time of this.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 06:19 AM

Yeah, all the piano tracks between this and the bonus on the LE add up to under 53 minutes. Pretty silly not to include the other three tracks....thus I won't be buying this one, in protest or something.

Last edited by TerraEpon; Apr 1, 2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 05:58 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
Yeah, all the piano tracks between this and the bonus on the LE add up to under 53 minutes. Pretty silly not to include the other three tracks....thus I won't be buying this one, in protest or something.
This is truly annoying.

I am on the other side, having not purchased the super-expensive LE Bluray FFXV OST. (I just did the 4disc CD normal). I went ahead and bought this album. And am bummed about the content I'm missing.

~~~~

IN ANY CASE: has anyone seen official sheet music booklet go up for sale anywhere? I'm assuming Yamaha (per usual), but it could be anyone? I've been searching for a few days now, haven't seen anything.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 06:53 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Dubble Post (with delay: so no one's seen the sheet music anywhere?)

All packaging scans are up. Composer and arranger liner notes are in JP and ENG in the book. Last two pages has all the credits, if anyone wants to expand the Notes section.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 02:41 PM

no sheet music book that i've seen
Old Apr 23, 2017, 01:44 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James O View Post
no sheet music book that i've seen
I should've gone straight to you first.

SO I recently developed a theory, that may not go any further than my head. But here we go.

You know this whole bullshit about the Blu-Ray LE having 6 piano tracks, only 3 of them made it onto this disc, leaving the other 3 exclusive, for now.

But this Piano Collection is a) VERY short at <40 minutes, and b) the only PC in the entirety of FF PCs with a ~subtitle~

~Moonlit Melodies~

Now, this disc does cover a lot of the obvious ground one would want to cover from the 4disc OST. But there's plenty of good stuff left out there, stuff that fans might want. What if S-E is using this to milk the music further by offering a two-volume Piano Collection, and they're just keeping quiet for now?

That second volume would have a different subtitle, would nab the other 3 tracks from the Blu-Ray, and then have 6-8 new arrangements from Miyano and Kameoka. And it would be <40 minutes, because why give us 70 minutes of music on one CD when they can put 35 minutes each on two CDs and make us pay double?

And then they could put out a book for all of that. Or make two books.

The thing that got me thinking all this is that the KH franchise got those two albums (Field & Battle being, IMO, far more interesting than the character-themed one). But it's Shimomura compose with Miyano/Kameoka arranging. Maybe they thought "hey, let's break up the work over time." And with all the DLC FFXV keeps getting, probably with some new music, there may be a chance to arrange one or two songs from unique DLC content (that I imagine will get its own soundtrack release at some point down the line).

Okay enough rambling. <3
Old May 24, 2017, 10:47 PM

Ramza! Out June 9th.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1