VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:22 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Default SRCL-2739: GAME MUSIC CONCERT 5 by Symphony Orchestra -Live Best...

The third track, "Water Music" (a.k.a. "Aquatic Ambiance") from Donkey Kong Country actually is composed by Dave Wise, not Eveline Fischer.

"Dear Scribes,
I am hoping you can provide me with the info that I'm seeking regarding Donkey Kong Country's original soundtrack. The credits list three people working on the soundtrack (Mr. Wise, Mr. Beanland, and Ms. Fischer). I was wondering if you could please list who did which song, individually. Although most of the songs have those memorable and distinct Wise-style melodies, some are leaving me scratching my head.
Yours truly,
Jean-Marc Goulet

Rare Reply: Let's see. Once he'd polished off the new DKC3 GBA score Dave found the time to dig up a full list, and it looks like this: Robin did Funky's Fugue, Eveline did Simian Segue, Candy's Love Song, Voices of the Temple, Forest Frenzy, Tree Top Rock, Northern Hemispheres and Ice Cave Chant, and the rest was the doing of Mr. Wise. Hot damn! It always makes me feel empowered when we can provide actual, genuine, non-fabricated information."

Source